Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

Telegraph: Sailings from Britain to Australia a step closer

Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.

Plans to revive a regular passenger service between Southampton and Sydney have moved a step closer.

Travelling via two or three primary routes – east via South Africa and the Suez Canal or west via The Panama Canal, depending on the time of year, the journey to Australia's west coast is expected to take 25 days, plus an additional three to Sydney.

Operating a monthly service on the first week of each month and stopping only to pick up and drop off passengers, allowing for a day in port, the new voyage does not set out to emulate the cruising experience. "It’s a journey, not a cruise. It will offer an alternative for those who want to visit Australia but who for whatever reason can't or prefer not to fly there.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cr...ep-closer.html

I can't decide if this would be an interesting adventure, or 25 days of boredom. There will be some interesting port stops along the way (to be determined, but they mention Cape Town and Singapore).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.