Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

"World's Most Delayed Airports"

"World's Most Delayed Airports"

Old Jul 18, 13, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold and Silver Wings, AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Post "World's Most Delayed Airports"

There are no real surprises for me on the "worst 10" list. The piece appears to be based on one month's results from FlightStats but doesn't make clear IMHO whether the 10 airports are generally the "most delayed."

Flight Risk

It's summertime, and that means many travelers are packing up their belongings and heading to the nearest airport for a much-deserved break. But with that comes a few universal inconveniences: Long security lines, bad airport food, gate changes, luggage fees and, of course, flight delays...
http://www.realclearworld.com/lists/...ayed_airports/

Oh, and if you can't stand the suspense, the airports listed are JFK, EWR, DFW, HKG, ORD, FCO, CDG, IST, PVG, PEK.
Old Jul 23, 13, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Fredd View Post
Oh, and if you can't stand the suspense, the airports listed are JFK, EWR, DFW, HKG, ORD, FCO, CDG, IST, PVG, PEK.
Sounds about right to me...although luckily i've never had a delay at DFW (knock on wood).
Old Jul 23, 13, 12:09 pm

Old & busy airports in delays shock
Old Jul 24, 13, 3:07 pm

Programs: most of them
Isn't the "most delayed airport" new Berlin?
Old Jul 24, 13, 3:49 pm

IME, SFO should be near the top of the list. However, never had problems at FCO.
Old Jul 24, 13, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA; Amtrak
Originally Posted by glennaa11 View Post
Isn't the "most delayed airport" new Berlin?
Ha!

The website stats are only for movements, without accounting for passenger seats or aircraft type, or for the fact that HYA is a much smaller airport than SEA or STL.
Old Jul 26, 13, 7:02 am
Suspended

World's Most Top 7 Delayed Airports

1. John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
2. Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG)
3. Istanbul Ataturk International Airport (Turkey)
4. Indira Gandhi International Airport (Dehli, India)
5. LA-Ontario International Airport (U.S.)
6. Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
7. Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG)
Old Jul 28, 13, 7:59 am

Programs: *A
Wish I had finished reading the first post before opening the link >.> I hate the type of list where they force you to open a new page for each item.

Surprised to see IST at the third spot! I always suspected I have rather good fortune in general, and this is another instance where I appear to be very lucky, because that's the airport I connect through most often and I never once got delayed (both international and domestic)!
Old Jul 28, 13, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold and Silver Wings, AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by namika View Post
Wish I had finished reading the first post before opening the link >.> I hate the type of list where they force you to open a new page for each item.
Me too. Yes, that's why I included a list at the bottom of my post. Still, there are some nice photos to click through I suppose.
Old Jul 28, 13, 12:38 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
And the best airport in the world is LHR according to the link in the article. Is this a joke?
Old Jul 28, 13, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
And the best airport in the world is LHR according to the link in the article. Is this a joke?
IIRC there's another thread about that list.

Probably like you, we've visited all of those "best" airports and agree that LHR sticks out like a sore thumb.

IMHO it deserves a spot on another list with, say, CDG, IAD, EWR...
Old Jul 28, 13, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
+1
Old Jul 29, 13, 4:17 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Fredd View Post
IIRC there's another thread about that list.

Probably like you, we've visited all of those "best" airports and agree that LHR sticks out like a sore thumb.

IMHO it deserves a spot on another list with, say, CDG, IAD, EWR...
By following further links I've found that LHR is the 10th best airport after SIN, ICN, AMS, HKG, PEK, MUC, ZRH, YVR and HND. However, LHR came first for airport shopping experience. That explains it then. Plus the fact that Skytrax is behind these awards.
Old Jul 30, 13, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Amex
I love that I am flying through 5 of the worst in the next month. By love I mean, I think its awesome.
Old Jul 31, 13, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by alanR View Post
Old & busy airports in delays shock
HKG and PVG are not old - both were opened in the 1990s. I don't think IST was brand new though - that was new terminal only?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: