Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

"World's Most Delayed Airports"

"World's Most Delayed Airports"

Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:50 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles
In my opinion, Beijing (PEK) must be higher on the list. The only reason it's score looks better is because they pull away from the gate "on time" only to have you sit on the tarmac for who knows how long. There are similar situations in many places, but I don't recall ever having a flight arrive on time that departed from Beijing.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: UA scumbag. Global Entry. Piggly Wiggly loyalty card.
LHR is my least favourite airport in the world. Except CVG, but that's the Department of Homeland Security's fault.

I was threatened with being kicked off my flight because I told a Cobalt worker when he barged me out of the way "I think the phrase you're looking for is 'Excuse Me'"

Still, it got a laugh.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by dynamile
In my opinion, Beijing (PEK) must be higher on the list. The only reason it's score looks better is because they pull away from the gate "on time" only to have you sit on the tarmac for who knows how long. There are similar situations in many places, but I don't recall ever having a flight arrive on time that departed from Beijing.
PEK was the worst airport on the list - it counted down, not up as the first post suggests.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:11 am

Hi,

I agree with your listed airports. According to me also the above listed airports are very worst airports in this world.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:04 am

Gatwick Airport. Horrible 30 hour experience there, so never again.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by LiebenADA
Oh Gatwick...it took an hour and twenty minutes once for the bags to start rolling into baggage claim while I was there.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Platinum
What can I say I was stuck twice in Beijing last month and once in PVG. Domestic flights in China really became a nightmare and they even cancel flight rathe often... completely out of control.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: Yeah, well, don’t really care anymore
Originally Posted by namika
Surprised to see IST at the third spot! I always suspected I have rather good fortune in general, and this is another instance where I appear to be very lucky, because that's the airport I connect through most often and I never once got delayed (both international and domestic)!
How very puzzling indeed. I have been through IST more than 30 times, roughly half of which have been transiting on TK and the other half O&D with either TK or the likes of LH, BA, AF or LX. The only times I have ever been on time was when I didn't fly TK, which is less than 1/3 of the flights. In other words, out of 20 departures with TK out of IST i have never, not even once, been on time.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 1:21 am

Oh yeah, in some kind of way the new Berlin Brandenburg Airport is the most 'delayed' airport. It should be opened in 2010 but is still under construction. At least 4 years of delay - beat this!
Okay, actual delays... I've made really bad experiences in Shanghai...
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tylerclark
Oh yeah, in some kind of way the new Berlin Brandenburg Airport is the most 'delayed' airport. It should be opened in 2010 but is still under construction. At least 4 years of delay - beat this!
PEK puts both SH airports to shame in this category. That having been said, snags in BJ, SH, or the PRD tend to cause pain in all 3 markets.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by tylerclark
The original opening date was 3rd June 2012
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:48 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by LiebenADA
Was that the Airports Fault or The Airlines Fault?

LGW is arguable the most efficient One Runway Airport in The World...Its certainly the busiest.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: ROP *G
Confirmed about PVG! Was on a flight today from PVG and while the aircraft landed on time and boarding was all on time....they announced that we would have to wait for 1hr at the gate due to ATC stating an abundance of traffic.

Was also on a flight from HKG 2 weeks ago, but I thought that was only delayed due to the typhoon that was coming in which made us ultimately be delayed by 2hrs.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Sounds about right to me...although luckily i've never had a delay at DFW (knock on wood).
Well, you must not fly thru DFW in the Spring and Summer. Those frequent thunderstorms really screw things up.

SFO has got to be at the top of the list. The fog!!! Runways too close together for simultaneous ILS approaches

BW
Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Surprised to see PVG is not listed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.