Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

The breaking of the wind - is it good or bad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The breaking of the wind - is it good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: Miles&More, Hemköp kundkort
Would it be more accepted to break wind in C or even F, than in Y, since the amount of personal space is bigger? Or would it simply be a matter of the amount of wind broken?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: VA WP, UA 1k, QR G, AZ WP
Originally Posted by KurtOlsson
Would it be more accepted to break wind in C or even F, than in Y, since the amount of personal space is bigger? Or would it simply be a matter of the amount of wind broken?
I think the article said it was better done in Y, since the fabric covered seats act as a filter so you don't get as much smell in the air.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by quick_dry
I think the article said it was better done in Y, since the fabric covered seats act as a filter so you don't get as much smell in the air.
Thanks, now I'll think of that every time I park my bum in a Y seat...
Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR
Yeah the fabric in Y seats are great. Be sure to sit up straight and straighten your back so your bum is pointed straight down on the seat cushion, and you want to let it loose slowly and in small amounts for two reasons, it is quiet so nobody hears, and if it is let out slowly that should hopefully allow the seat cushion to absorb as much as possible to keep the smell to a minimum.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: Former AA Gold, SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks, now I'll think of that every time I park my bum in a Y seat...
In Y - where I spend most of my air time (OMG) - I think of it every time during the safety briefing when they remind me my seat cushion can be used as a flotation device.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 1:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Pup7
In Y - where I spend most of my air time (OMG) - I think of it every time during the safety briefing when they remind me my seat cushion can be used as a flotation device.
The FAs refer to them as 'fart sponges'. I certainly wouldn't be eager to embrace one as a flotation device.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by chollie
The FAs refer to them as 'fart sponges'. I certainly wouldn't be eager to embrace one as a flotation device.
Not to mention those (these days rare) fairly empty flights, where people grab the chance to lie down across 3 or 4 seats and get some sleep with their face right on the seat cushion...
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Not to mention those (these days rare) fairly empty flights, where people grab the chance to lie down across 3 or 4 seats and get some sleep with their face right on the seat cushion...
Eewwww!
Old Jul 30, 2013, 4:12 pm

i've floated a couple of airbiscuits whislt on a cross-country flight. the 1st thing i do when i get to my seat is to turn on the air nozzle on full blast..........
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:48 pm

I wonder how much has been spent on research on this topic
Old Aug 11, 2013, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by ardboe
They could add that sometimes the engine sound doesn't cover loud farts. And you haven't got away with it.
Hmm, so not a silent but deadly one!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I floated a couple of botty burps yesterday on F9 396 - to celebrate me flying into my 50th state DE. Fortunately they did not smell badly.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Dadaluma83
Yeah the fabric in Y seats are great. Be sure to sit up straight and straighten your back so your bum is pointed straight down on the seat cushion, and you want to let it loose slowly and in small amounts for two reasons, it is quiet so nobody hears, and if it is let out slowly that should hopefully allow the seat cushion to absorb as much as possible to keep the smell to a minimum.
The sound is not a huge problem on planes due to the sound of the engines. Airbus planes are considerably quieter, so save the beans, chili et all for flights on Boeing birds.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:19 pm

It doesn't matter what class your bum is in. If you have to fart, FART!

Come to think of it, if everyone on board ripped one at the same time, would the oxygen masks deploy?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Talking

Originally Posted by EAR111pt2
It doesn't matter what class your bum is in. If you have to fart, FART!

Come to think of it, if everyone on board ripped one at the same time, would the oxygen masks deploy?
Agreed. We're all human, no matter what class we sit in. I had a 50+ work friend who dresses immaculately and shops in the finest stores. She said she loves, and I quote her words "letting fluffy off the leash" in those stores and then scoots off to watch others walk through the area because everyone things rich people don't fart! lol

What is this thread coming too!! I feel like an immature school girl!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.