FAA may require stricter "Sterile Cockpit" Rules

Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/15/travel...ics/index.html

FAA may require to getting more stricter. New Rules has been change. You have remain switch off the laptop, ipods, cell phone during the flight.

You are not allowed to use the personal laptop while you flying on the plane.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Interesting - it doesn't look like they are prohibiting use because they're afraid of endangering the flight (electronic interference), it looks like they are concerned about the distractions of social media.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:40 am

Id tread lightly on accepting the NWA pilot's excuse on why they missed their calls. Personally, I think they were asleep. And for the Colgan incident of the FO sending a text prior to taking off from EWR? That was the last of their problems that night. Perhaps the FAA should expedite the new crew rest rules before worrying about banning gadgets in the cockpit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.