NY Times: My 6 Biggest Complaints About Business Travel

Old Oct 9, 2012, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels

The article highlights concerns about the list below. My comments follow each bullet.

1. Power outlets

I agree...I've gone to great lengths to seach out power before! While some airports and train stations are power friendly, others are not

2. (Non-)Reclining seats

This can really vary - between the seat itself, people behind/in front of where you're sitting. I know there are loads of options on the just/not just nature of reclining one's seat.

3. Cabin PA Systems

Like it or not, they're there...

4. Check In times

I do not think there will ever be a standard across all of the carriers for check in time!

5. Lounge Access

I've never found the rules that confusing, but I know it can be a challenge, especially those new to the different FF programs.

6. Alcohol Policy

As I do not drink, this does not worry me much...I assume the policy is there to try and control consumption to some degree...?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE

Thanks for sharing. I'm most in agreement with annoying PA announcements interfering with entertainment. I do try to pick something with a run time much less than flight time, but still sometimes all the breaks made me miss the end.

To not get too peeved, I try to look at the varying policies from airline to airline and airport to airport like different cultures in the regions/countries in my travels. Learn as much as I can beforehand, be polite and understanding, then try to make the most of it.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:16 am

...complaints? seriously, the media whines too much.

TALKING ABOUT OUR PROBLEMS IS OUR GREATEST ADDICTION. Break the habit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.