Search

Airline Apps

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Airline Apps

Five apps the airlines dont want you to use:

http://www.smartertravel.com/blogs/t...645&source=rss

B4 You Board: No more charging $10 for a desperation in-flight meal of food. The B4 You Board app lets you order food from nearby restaurants to be delivered directly to you at your gate. Order up healthy (or just delicious) food that wasn't reheated in the airplane galley, often for cheaper than an in-flight meal
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by NYC96
B4 You Board: No more charging $10 for a desperation in-flight meal of food. The B4 You Board app lets you order food from nearby restaurants to be delivered directly to you at your gate. Order up healthy (or just delicious) food that wasn't reheated in the airplane galley, often for cheaper than an in-flight meal
You're going to get a meal delivered to your gate for less than $10? And, if it's a hot meal, it's going to be in better shape by the time you reach cruise altitude and eat it than one heated on board?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Steve M
You're going to get a meal delivered to your gate for less than $10? And, if it's a hot meal, it's going to be in better shape by the time you reach cruise altitude and eat it than one heated on board?
From iTunes, looks like it's available at "Chicago O’Hare, JFK and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airports."
Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by neatbean
From iTunes, looks like it's available at "Chicago O’Hare, JFK and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airports."
A bunch more airports are on the way!

App is free, delivery is free. If you try it, please let me know what you think!

Safe travels,
-Hans
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve M
I think the OPTION is fantastic. How many times do you run between gates? Transfer to other terminals and you're running late. A simple moment on your blackberry and you're not stuck, starving or screwed if the airline runs out of food at your row.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 6:33 pm
Formerly known as MLW20

Programs: AA LT GOLD, Delta, UA/Continental & many others
B4YouBoard seems like a pretty cool app. I just downloaded it and saw that HMSHost. Pretty smart idea for them to make extra sales to people in a rush.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichaelWTravels
B4YouBoard seems like a pretty cool app. I just downloaded it and saw that HMSHost. Pretty smart idea for them to make extra sales to people in a rush.
I think so, too. Cant tell you how many times I deplane, have to "run" for my next flight, see the long lines at most concession stands, and realize I wont be eating anything substantial until I get home or to my layover.
You could do this while taxiing in, I guess. Bypass the long lines too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.