Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

Sharing at the Airport (Gates, Desks, Kiosks...)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sharing at the Airport (Gates, Desks, Kiosks...)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by DeafFlyer
I think there are. Every European airport, where I have seen this in action, has a good system set up. I know where to check-in, and roughly, which gate area my aircraft will be parked at, etc... I never see them putting one flight in one terminal and the other flight in a far away terminal.
+1. At TLV, CO for example doesn't have their own gates, desks... But check-in is always in the same place, shared with a bunch of airlines, including Aerosvit. The gates are always B9, C9, or D9. (Same terminal) Now they can always be moved, and I'll know before going. But they have a system that shares everything, and maximizes efficiency.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by erikko
That would be a great idea but there should be rules to make it more systematic.
Originally Posted by DeafFlyer
I think there are. Every European airport, where I have seen this in action, has a good system set up. I know where to check-in, and roughly, which gate area my aircraft will be parked at, etc... I never see them putting one flight in one terminal and the other flight in a far away terminal. The only exception is international to domestic at an airport like CPH. I've had to go from the furthest international gate to the furthest domestic gate more than once there. Most flights there seem to be O&D there though.
imo there must be a system.. yes each airport may have thier own set of systems.. perhaps OP means a world wide or country wide system to make everything seamless and smooth?:-:
Old Nov 24, 2011, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
imo there must be a system.. yes each airport may have thier own set of systems.. perhaps OP means a world wide or country wide system to make everything seamless and smooth?:-:
Of course each airport must have a system! Not quite sure what erikko meant, either..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.