FAA to downgrade Mexico's aviation safety Ranking

Old Jul 30, 2010, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...medium=twitter

They banning Mexican codesharing partnership with US Airlines. It does not have a safety concerns.

http://nycaviation.com/2010/07/30/fa...h-us-carriers/

Unfortunately, FAA has already gave banning all Mexican codesharing & Service US expansion is goes on effective immediately.

The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration is set to downgrade Mexicos safety ranking, restricting its airlines from codesharing with U.S. carriers or expanding Mexican carriers service in the U.S., The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:02 pm

gee, it's about time. When I worked Mexicana flights, we had a plane fly in with a fuel leak in the engine. Jet A was spewing all over the ramp like from a fire hose. After determining it would be an overnight fix, the maintenance in Mexico City told the flight crew to fly it back with the pax on it, even though the maintenance guys here said it was too dangerous to fly. The situation between us and the flight crew got ugly. The mechanic refused to sign off on it.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by United737522
gee, it's about time. When I worked Mexicana flights, we had a plane fly in with a fuel leak in the engine. Jet A was spewing all over the ramp like from a fire hose. After determining it would be an overnight fix, the maintenance in Mexico City told the flight crew to fly it back with the pax on it, even though the maintenance guys here said it was too dangerous to fly. The situation between us and the flight crew got ugly. The mechanic refused to sign off on it.
Yeah, this is not good for you at all. It does not have a safety properly due to too many complaints against Mexican airlines and now on, they are banning the codeshare & banned flying to USA until if the restrictions will lifted to improvable the safety performance. It wasn't follow the capable rules. It wasn't taking own responsibilities to do right job to fixed the aircraft. They are not good doing on the jobs training at all. They are very poorest training on the jobs to inspected the aircraft.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.