Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

Delays, Insults Have Left Me With the JetBlues

Old Mar 9, 10, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Platinum-Bonvoyage, Hilton Diamond

Benjamin says JetBlue gave him a hard time as he traveled from Puerto Rico to Boston, sticking him with a delay that caused him to miss a connecting flight, then telling him it wasn't responsible and repeatedly calling him a liar when he tried to get some help.
Full story.
Old Mar 9, 10, 4:12 pm

No FT sympathy for this guy. He's only getting about 1/3 comments in his favor at Consumerist!
Old Mar 9, 10, 4:56 pm

I just feel terrible that he had to park on the street.
Old Mar 9, 10, 5:19 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
i have sympathy and no sypmathy for this pax

no sympathy: who in their right mind books a an hour conx in bos during the winter? not me for one (and i grew up there)

sympathy: the b6 agents who told the pax that it was his fault for booking a conx so close together were flat out wrong. if the website lets you book it then it is a legal conx so if it was "too close a conx" then it's the fault of b6 and the agents were being lazy

sympathy: nobody (w,r,r: nobody) in a service industry calls their customer a liar to their face even if the person is in fact lying, you just don't do it.

kudos: to the b6 agent who came up with a solution and obviously knows what service is all about by taking ownership of the situation and apparently letting the station in oak know of the pax's "plight". hence an agent meeting the pax, walking them to a cab and issuing a taxi voucher
Old Mar 9, 10, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by goalie View Post
i

sympathy: nobody (w,r,r: nobody) in a service industry calls their customer a liar to their face even if the person is in fact lying, you just don't do it.
Embellishment. How else does he get COMPENSATED for the "SECOND TIME".
Old Mar 10, 10, 9:23 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
I could be wrong but I doubt that TWO employees literally called him a liar.

I recently had a passenger loudly - excitedly shouting at me that I was calling him a liar (which, of course I would never do) because I did not agree that his hardsided, oversized, overstuffed garment bag was not a "carryon". I actually told him I believed him that he "went through dozens of airports" with it and has never been stopped but that day he was stopped at the TSA / Security checkpoint and his bag clearly did not fit in the sizer, not even close. He did check his bag; he was Premier Exec and did not have to pay.
Old Mar 10, 10, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by skylady View Post
I just feel terrible that he had to park on the street.
Yeah, it's real awful for his behavioral in SJU. He could be banned for flying on the commercial airplanes for a long time. B6 wasn't nobody telling those passengers about the flight isn't cancelled or delayed due to weather condition.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: