Wiki Posts
Search

The OMNI Exercise Blog...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2006, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by pinniped
Cool...heard good things about the Nashville 'thon. Put on by the same people who do the Rock N Roll races... I remember my first one - thinking "What if I croak out there and need seven hours to get back home?!? " It won't happen. You'll train well, and you'll do just fine.
We were thinking of doing the Nashville half. Did Virginia Beach (RnR) a couple of times - that's also a great race!
Old Jan 9, 2006, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
We were thinking of doing the Nashville half. Did Virginia Beach (RnR) a couple of times - that's also a great race!

Well if you do let me know. Maybe we can grab a pasta dinner the night before.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 5:41 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
OK, first time I hit the gym in 06

Just 28 minutes of cardio, but it's a start
Old Jan 10, 2006, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

way to go, jfe, that's great.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 9:00 am

The plan for today was to get a quick 5 miler in before my flight this afternoon since I'll be working all day tomorrow and it will be difficult to get a run in. I headed out and was feeling pretty good till about mile 3 when I noticed my nose was bleeding. Fun. I tried to stop it while running but that didn't work real well, so I decided to head home and cut the run short. Luckily mile 3 is near my house as my 5 mile route does two mini loops.

Anyway, I was able to get in 3.61 miles in a time of 28:43 or 7:57/mile (fairly fast for me! - probably because I was rushing home to get a tissue for the nose ). Total calories: 559.

Tonight and tomorrow I'll be working/traveling so will take tomorrow as a rest day. Thursday I will probably do some speed work.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by jfe

Fantastic! That's how everyone starts: just getting your foot in the place!
Old Jan 10, 2006, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by jfe

Nice job! ^

I went in for only my second gym visit in 3 weeks. Did 30 minutes on the dreadmill at 10:30. All the other cardio machines were in use by New Years Resolutioners. I couldn't get into the free weight room, so it was all machines for chest and tris. The place was packed.

Fortunately, a new location opened up near one of my jobsites, so I may try there late in the day.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got back from a 2.5 mile run. It was glorious. I was focusing on lifting my toes just a little as I have been getting a bit of toetip abrasion and a bit of a blister just below my left second toe.

For some reason, it was easier than ever and I enjoyed the run immensely. I am so lucky to be able to run. I ran 2.5 miles in 33 minutes, a pretty typical pace for me these days. I am a very slow runner and I am focused on form uppermost, then distance, then eventually speed, so I am not yet focusing on the distance or speed.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by richard
I got back from a 2.5 mile run. It was glorious. I was focusing on lifting my toes just a little as I have been getting a bit of toetip abrasion and a bit of a blister just below my left second toe.

For some reason, it was easier than ever and I enjoyed the run immensely. I am so lucky to be able to run. I ran 2.5 miles in 33 minutes, a pretty typical pace for me these days. I am a very slow runner and I am focused on form uppermost, then distance, then eventually speed, so I am not yet focusing on the distance or speed.
^ ^
I had an alt cardio night last night (Bike). Hard 4-5 miler tonight.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
tri's and treadmill

at lunch I went to Gold's for tri's and 1.0 on the treadmill.. will run 3-4 miles on the W&OD trail outside our office building before it gets dark.. I have to go outside as its in the mid 50's today and I'll regret not doing it as soon as the temp gets a bit more seasonal next week.. yesterday I did 4.0 on the trail as it was 65 out.. ahhh nice for northern VA.. well I just got back from my 4 p.m. run.. only did 3.0 as it was a bit breezy and the breeze was cold.. my ears froze running into the wind.. so I cut it short fast.. headband tomorrow

Last edited by TrojanHorse; Jan 10, 2006 at 3:14 pm
Old Jan 10, 2006, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
As an aside...I started this thread as a fun exchange, but it has really turned into an encouraging place. I always review it during the day, and before I head out for my evening workout. Thanks. ^
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by annerj
^ ^
I had an alt cardio night last night (Bike). Hard 4-5 miler tonight.
I had a nice fast 6.4 miler in Kansas City last night. Tonight is a seriously hilly run in the Capitol Hill area of Seattle. Just got here and the weather seems OK...hope it stays that way.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pinniped
Tonight is a seriously hilly run in the Capitol Hill area of Seattle. Just got here and the weather seems OK...hope it stays that way.
Ahh... you just have to love the varying shades of grey today!

Last night I was able to put up, legitmately, my body weight at the bench. It was a goal for 2005, but I'm ok w/ the delay of a week!
Old Jan 10, 2006, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chexfan
Last night I was able to put up, legitmately, my body weight at the bench. It was a goal for 2005, but I'm ok w/ the delay of a week!
^ ^ Awesome goal and congrats for making it!
Old Jan 10, 2006, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by annerj
^ ^ Awesome goal and congrats for making it!
Thanks! I put up 205 about 2 weeks ago, only to find out that I weighed 207.

So I just put on 210 (yes, I actually used those 2.5 lb plates) and threw it up to settle all (of my mental) debates.

I know I'm going to laugh at that nit-picking of mine in the future, but hey, it wasn't my body weight!!!

Benching is the only thing I hate my long arms for!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.