Sprint down and back
10 pushups
20 mountain climbers
Sprint down and back
Lunge forward/lunge back/hop x10 right leg
Bear crawl 1 length of gym
Lunge forward/lunge back/hop x10 left leg
25 ball slams w/ 12 pound med ball

That is 1 round. Did 4 rounds. LOTS of gym stuff so I was much slower than the trainer.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by annerj
Todays morning:

250 meter row
Frog jumps 1 length of gym
10 pushups
20 mountain climbers
Sprint down and back
10 pushups
20 mountain climbers
Sprint down and back
10 pushups
20 mountain climbers
Sprint down and back
10 pushups
20 mountain climbers
Sprint down and back
10 pushups
20 mountain climbers
Sprint down and back
Lunge forward/lunge back/hop x10 right leg
Bear crawl 1 length of gym
Lunge forward/lunge back/hop x10 left leg
25 ball slams w/ 12 pound med ball

That is 1 round. Did 4 rounds. LOTS of gym stuff so I was much slower than the trainer.
How long does your workout last?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anonplz
How long does your workout last?
40 minutes for this one including warm up. With this much gym time the trainer beats me by a few minutes.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:20 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I've still been trying to swim, with the team when I can, although with so much cycling, and a busy travel schedule...it has been tough lately.

Stopped by the team workout before heading to the airport this morning and got in a nice 4400 yard set

The main set was this:
XXX x 50 @ :45
300 @ 4:15
100 easy @ 2:00

where XXX started at 1, went up to 4, repeated 4, then back down to 1.
on the last 2 300s, a gal in the next lane put on fins and pushed things, just egging me to try to keep up. I had been holding 3:55 to 4:00 for my 300s prior to that, but then dropped to 3:42 and again to 3:31.

now off to Seattle for a few days. and probably a nap on the way up
Old Apr 1, 2013, 8:03 pm

8.4 miles today @ 9:42 pace...although I think it may have been about 1/4 mile shorter than my app indicated, which would put it @ ~ 10 minute pace.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:17 pm

Got about 1/2 mile out and chest began hurting. So, turn around, head home & then to ER

Ekg & bloodwork are all good. But, i'm overnighting in a lovely double occupancy Kaiser suite for observation, blood work and an AM stress test.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by CalVol
Got about 1/2 mile out and chest began hurting. So, turn around, head home & then to ER

Ekg & bloodwork are all good. But, i'm overnighting in a lovely double occupancy Kaiser suite for observation, blood work and an AM stress test.
Wow that's too bad. Seemed like you were progressing as normal...
Hope this is just precautionary and you're fine ^
Old Apr 9, 2013, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
Wow that's too bad. Seemed like you were progressing as normal...
Hope this is just precautionary and you're fine ^
Thanks!

Turns out it was just a raging case of GERD. I hope to be back at it this weekend.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 7:32 pm

Glad to hear it!
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

750 meter row
10 wall balls (12 pound medicine ball)
10 ball slams (12 pound medicine ball)
25 ball pushups
15 burpees
20 plank hip dips
full set of shuttles (touching 16 lines)
Repeat
x4
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:30 am

I'm thinking I'm going to add another set to my workout, pushing myself to 240 sit-ups and 240 push-ups (from 200). And maybe a 90-minute run, as well, from a 60-minute. I'm strong enough to do it fairly easily.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anonplz
I'm thinking I'm going to add another set to my workout, pushing myself to 240 sit-ups and 240 push-ups (from 200). And maybe a 90-minute run, as well, from a 60-minute. I'm strong enough to do it fairly easily.
Nice. And the time creep starts

Are you doing them all just straight push-ups? May consider getting some pushup bars (a touch less tweaky on the wrists* and allows for one to go 4-6 inches deeper). I also play alot with the speed of the pushups. AND I like to do normal, wide, narrow (diamons), decline (feet on chair), etc.

Pulls up are also a great addition to this kind of workout.

I was good for YEARS of regular pushups. But tens of thousands of them later I for sure can feel them in my wrists...not terrible but no pain at all using push-up bars.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tomorrow I turn 43. As of this morning I am 50 pounds lighter than I was a year ago. I am averaging 2500 yards in the pool 4 times a week and running 2.5 miles three times a week. I was only able to run after losing 40 pounds, it was too hard on my joints before. I would like to lose about 20 more pounds, which seemed unachievable a year ago but doesn't look so hard now! I'm eating about 2000 calories a day and steadily losing 1 pound a week.

My biggest worry right now is that the swim team my kids and I swim with is in danger of losing our time block at the local high school pool. I actually went to the school district in person yesterday to plead our case. This is REALLY important to me now! I need my swim time!
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
As of this morning I am 50 pounds lighter than I was a year ago.
Vicki that is FREAKING AWESOME!

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
steadily losing 1 pound a week.
I know so many want to lose it all at once super quick but honestly in the long run I think you'll keep it off longer losing slow and steady! ^^^

*oh and this post is worthless without pics
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:52 pm

Nice. And the time creep starts
lol, yeah - I'm not getting the endorphins anymore!!!!

Are you doing them all just straight push-ups? May consider getting some pushup bars (a touch less tweaky on the wrists* and allows for one to go 4-6 inches deeper). I also play alot with the speed of the pushups. AND I like to do normal, wide, narrow (diamons), decline (feet on chair), etc.
I do these two cardio exercises (sit-ups and push-ups) in alternate sets, with maybe a 5 minute break after three or four sets are complete - a set is currently 40 repetitions, so five sets of each, starting each set at the commencement of a 4 minute time period - when I've done 40, I stop, catch my breath and when the four minutes is up, do the other cardio. I do 20 pushups head tilted right, then turn head left and do 20 more. I haven't experimented much with leg placing or inclines or speed, though as I continue strengthening, I will do so.

Pulls up are also a great addition to this kind of workout.
Yes, though I prefer lifting weights for the deltoid region, and again, as my body strengthens and I need more of a challenge, I will re-join a gym so I can do that.

I was good for YEARS of regular pushups. But tens of thousands of them later I for sure can feel them in my wrists...not terrible but no pain at all using push-up bars.
I have been lucky in that I haven't really had much of those impact-related injuries yet - I consciously try to find ways to lower the impact of my exercise while either keeping it challenging, or even making it more challenging.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.