Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The OMNI Exercise Blog...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whlinder
39ish mins on a steady pace. Should be able to do sub 38 if I were to train consistently (multiple times per week) on the machine.
39:30 at what is now a fairly easy pace for me. My cardio has come a long way recently....my arms/legs/shoulders get a little tired ~8000 meters.

*my hands still hurt and get little blisters still ugh

I pulled a sub 7:00 2000 meter last sunday.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dchristiva
1/3/12 - Followed another 40 minute (or so) DVD workout that came with my Bodylastics exercise bands. Legs and shoulders. I'm still figuring out the right amount of resistance, but I feel some "good" soreness today, so I won't complain. Mostly I'm just proud of myself for following up Sunday's workout with a second one!
How are your workouts coming? Bands holding up well?

Mine are growing strong after some really solid use (mutiple times/week each and every week).

I'm thinking about taking p90 to the next level and buying an actual pullup stand. I'd probably add an assist band with it. We will see

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/P90X-Chin-up-M...ecc_rvi_cart_1
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
after a few weeks of rather intense travel, I've now been back a week and a half and got in some decent spins on my bike.

I did a spin session at the gym last week. earlier in the year, before I got really into biking, I thought spin was really great. I certainly won't say it is bad or not worth going to. but if I can, I'd far rather bike outside here. I think if it was longer (maybe 90 min) it would be more worthwhile.

managed a 22 mile ride later last week, then I took the plunge, a 60 mile ride on Sunday. and felt it, especially those last 15 miles.

This week, I managed to get out during the day on Tuesday for ~42 miles, which was about perfect. Then yesterday I did 33, which again felt pretty good.

Last night, I decided to sign up for the Casa Grande Century Ride, of course the 101 miles
I was going to do this last year, but wimped out. It was cold, I hadn't been biking that long, only had my cyclocross bike, was only going to do the 35, and $35 seemed a bit steep.
But now, I figure it should at least keep me biking for a few more weeks. At least something to keep me from just lounging around the house.

Now I just need something for Feb...

Oh, and my swimming is at 490 miles YTD. Just another 10 and I get another free suit
Speedo sponsors the Go the Distance program on the USMS website ^
Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I swam the annual 100 x 100m with my team this morning. If it were more often than once a year, I probably wouldn't do it. Amazing how you forget how bad this is after a year...

Overall it took 3 hours 3 min and 34 sec, about 2 min faster than last year.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aztimm
3 hours 3 min and 34 sec
Wow...that is a hell of a swim.

My workouts held up pretty well through the holidays. I timed my transition (Read lighter) week for our new years snowmobile trip. Plan to start another full round of P90x in the next week.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
While I did work out a lot in the last few weeks, my eating habits have gotten worse during that time. Tomorrow I have to begin the reverse of my December backslide. I need to look hot on my birthday even though my dad's my date that night. (Unless I admit to again wanting to look good for my too-old-for-me, wedding-ring-wearing celebrity crush...)

I did 4.25 miles on the treadmill in just over an hour on Sunday, and tomorrow my left shoulder will hopefully stop aching so I can do TRX/Gravity/whatever my trainer subjects me to.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I had good intentions over the holidays, but that's all they were - intentions. I ate badly & was rewarded w/ staying the same weight wise. My tummy didn't though, and I'm attributing that to the wine.

I was going to do a lot of walking between Xmas & NY but screwed up my knee (non exercise-related), so I've been limping like a 90-year-old bag lady (no offense to bag ladies). I'm hoping it will improve by the beginning of next week/I'm allocating that much time for it to do so before I head back to the club. Anything I do right now would just aggrevate it.

I do need to get serious though for 2 reasons: 1) it makes sense healthwise; 2) I'm attending the British Oscars next month & need to look good in evening gown.

Cheers.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:27 pm

Sorry to hear about your knee - I hope you get it whipped back into shape soon!

I am confident that you will look fabulous in an evening gown no matter what the circumstances.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Katja
I am confident that you will look fabulous in an evening gown no matter what the circumstances.
^
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I ate too much over the holidays....need to set limits

I ended up losing 1 pound from thanksgiving to the new year.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:01 pm

I eat when bored. Gotta find something to replace this awful habit! If there weren't snowbanks as tall as me I would consider buying a bike to pass the free time.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:49 pm

After a little more than a year of being away from exercising, I'm finally getting started again, starting today - well, actually, in terms of keeping fit, I started a new diet right after New Year's. But today I did my calisthenics and jogging, and wow, am I glad I did - I realize now what I was missing. It feels so good to be back into it again.

I'll be ready for summer, hopefully. I've got about 30 lb. to lose.

I like the Dukan diet, but I want to try something different - I was reading about some sort of "No White" diet where, if it's white, you have to stay away from it - sugar, flour, milk, potatoes - all are basically off-limits. Makes some low-carb sense from my personal experience.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:12 am

Good on you for getting back into the exercise habit!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Katja
Good on you for getting back into the exercise habit!
Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by anonplz
After a little more than a year of being away from exercising, I'm finally getting started again, starting today - well, actually, in terms of keeping fit, I started a new diet right after New Year's. But today I did my calisthenics and jogging, and wow, am I glad I did - I realize now what I was missing. It feels so good to be back into it again.

I'll be ready for summer, hopefully. I've got about 30 lb. to lose.

I like the Dukan diet, but I want to try something different - I was reading about some sort of "No White" diet where, if it's white, you have to stay away from it - sugar, flour, milk, potatoes - all are basically off-limits. Makes some low-carb sense from my personal experience.
Interesting. How about a Green diet. Herbs, leaves, broccoli, avocado, celery, green juices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.