5 dips bodyweight

core exercises 30 seconds each

10 SLDLs (stiff legged dead lifts) partial #276

7 PGDLs (parallel grip deadlifts) #276

6 PGDLs #296

5 PGDLs #316

3 PGDLs #325

various stretching exercises

Today I tried to run (barefoot of course) but it was too cold and I turned around after 2 blocks.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by dchristiva
When I've done cardio and weights on the same day, I do whichever is my "focus" first. In other words, if I'm trying to shed weight or get more "cut", then I do the cardio, but if I'm trying to bulk up, then the weights are my priority. Like you, I've never been able to devote all of my energy and attention to BOTH on the same day, so I try to do the thing that means the most to me first.
My logic exactly. The running is my focus; I want to be fresh and rested. (The biking on alternate days is to maintain some sort of aerobic activity while alternating the specifics, and is less intense.) The weights are to keep the rest of my body in some sort of balance. If I do a few pounds or a few reps less than I otherwise might, no biggie.

And now, off to the gym! No more FT for three hours! Can I stand it?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 5:50 pm

Programs: OMNI Platinum
Aerobics is the best way to loose weight, I been thinking of getting into it, but I rather still lift… Not sure what I want to do still…. But I need to start again, haven’t exercised since I returned home…
Old Dec 15, 2005, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Time to head out, and my quads are still sore. Think I'll just to biceps and back with 15 minutes on easy bike.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got back from a hard (well hard for me) 4 miler.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Did 3 miles on the elliptical, chest and tri's. Managed to add 20# to my bench. ^ The Smith machine was available, so I can puch it a little more. I back off when using a straight barbell.

I saw a good ab workout that I stole from one of the trainers. Balance on your butt with your knees and torso up. Take a medicine ball and touch on the mat as far to the right as you can, staying balanced. Then take the ball to the left. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Feel the burn.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 4:49 am
Suspended

Yesterday I did 6.5km's on my concept2 rower at the hardest intensity (in under 30 minutes), did a 30 min run along the boardwalk (in -6c weather ) and then did 3 x 15 with my weights. It felt good
Old Dec 20, 2005, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got in a 3 mile barefoot run and yesterday did another weightlifting workout up to #328 on the deads. My PR on the deads has been 333 so I am approaching that on this cycle. Since I'll be out of town and won't be weightlifting it may be awhile before/if I make that.

Still working really hard on barefoot running form.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 6:47 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Vaze
I thought about exercising today... thought about it yesterday as well - maybe one day I'll actually do some
---

At your age that's probably okay, Vaze! And when I last saw you, you appeared to be in quite good health.

Last night as I lay in bed suffering from hearburn and esophagitis, I thought to myself that at some point I could be sufferting an MI.

So, in any case, I try to go to the gym every day, which translates into 3 to 5 times a week - not that anyone could ever tell by looking at me!

Happy Holidays!

Mark
Old Dec 20, 2005, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by ewrfox
Aerobics is the best way to loose weight, I been thinking of getting into it, but I rather still lift… Not sure what I want to do still…. But I need to start again, haven’t exercised since I returned home…
I teach a martial arts based aerobics class called Body Combat in my spare time. It's set to music and burns up to 700 calories in an hour depending upon how hard you push yourself.

The class is pre-choreographed and therefore you get the same workout whereever in the world you do it.

Try it it's great fun.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by annerj
Heavy
Warmup
225 x 10
285 x 5
305 x 2
305 x 1
Dibs for annerj on my side during the FT Omni Fight Club! @:-)
Old Dec 20, 2005, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by richard
Since I'll be out of town and won't be weightlifting it may be awhile before/if I make that.
Are you going to a town that doesn't have a gym within driving distance? Its well worth the $10-15 daily rate at gyms you don't belong to to avoid missing workouts.

annerj
Old Dec 21, 2005, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Swam last night...800M. I don't like the chlorine level in the pool, but they have to do it with the Blue Hair Splash Class that goes on every other night. Hopefully they're wearing their waterproof Grampers.

I've got spin class tonight plus delts.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 3:53 pm

lets see... last night I hacked off a chunk of my thumb. Had to drive myself to the emergency room. Does that count as exercise?
R.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 3:59 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Originally Posted by rkt10
lets see... last night I hacked off a chunk of my thumb. Had to drive myself to the emergency room. Does that count as exercise?
R.
Sorry to hear that

Hope you are feeling better

But since you are putting this in jest, I hope, at least you did manage to lose some weight

Me, I used a lot of energy these past couple of days, coughing, as my wife gave me a terrible cold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.