Wiki Posts
Search

Exercise day today--Fitness Walking in Airports

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Exercise day today--Fitness Walking in Airports

Today my daily exercise is from A to F, and then back to E gates in ATL. About 1.5 miles, no moving walkways allowed!

I think ATL is a good airport for this, Changi is another one which comes to mind.

What other airports are there that, with no concerns from missing a connection, you can get a reasonable walk?
Duke787 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
DTW when the tram is out of service!
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:19 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
A multi airline connection in ORD. From United to Spirit is quite a long walk.
KBMIFlyer and wrp96 like this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Frankfurt. I just plug in some EDM (Old Deadmau5 works well) into my earbuds and follow the signs. Up , down, to the left, to the right, on the train, down the steps, etc.

The cross terminal tunnels at LAX are good for a nice quiet stroll. A little boring though.

Madrid Barajas has massive terminals and beautifully designed. The ceilings are really interesting and I liked walking the terminal.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
One of my favorite parts about ATL! Only take the plane train if walking will end up with me missing my flight. The A to F walk is great for stretching to legs before a TATL
woodje12, Zeeb and MEABFlyer like this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
At IAH I've done A to E and back landside underground in the train tunnel and B to E across to D and back to B airside.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Between terminals at LHR
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
DFW you can walk between A-B, A-C, B-D, C-D. Since I am usually mainline connecting to eagle, I frequently will walk from A or C to terminal B if I have over an hour layover.

Once the new CLT expansion gets done, you will be able to make a LOONG walk from one end of the terminal to another if you so desired.

That said, I really like the ATL underground walkway. Some really cool exhibits too between the concourses.
MEABFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Paris (CDG), if you want to make a long walk...
Beijing (the 2 terminal are far from each other).
JFK ...
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Other than the original ATL airport thing, what does this have to do with Delta?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:41 pm

MSP is great as it's a nice big circle. I enjoy a stroll around there when my flights are delayed or cancelled, which given my luck flying this winter was more often than i would have liked. ORD I've walked from AA gates to UA's C gates and back.
JBa likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
Outside security at BOS is another option where you can go from A to E and back thru central parking. Just did this on Friday morning as I left early to beat traffic and got most of my 10k steps in before going thru security and finished walking to the Satellite inside A including stairs up and down. Not that it is good scenery but there is some interesting art work in various places you would not expect.

And then did the Atlanta walk yesterday on the way back!!! With a stop for lunch at One Flew South.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by indufan
Other than the original ATL airport thing, what does this have to do with Delta?
That's a fair question. Let's please keep things to DL and SkyMiles in this forum. If one runs out of space across the A/B/C Concourses at DTW, take the bus over to D (New North terminal) and with a boarding pass thru security get what must be another 0.7 miles.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by Schuhfly
DTW when the tram is out of service!
Which it has been for months..
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
A) Which other forum should you post such a broad, all airline encompassing topic?
B) CLT as another poster alluded to...specifically from the tip of E to the tip of new A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.