Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel Health and Fitness
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard of Sanctifly? Airport hotel gym membership

Old Aug 25, 17, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

Saw this on Will Run for Miles
http://willrunformiles.boardingarea....irport-hotels/

http://www.sanctifly.club/

Per WRFM:
Sanctifly is a members club geared to business travellers, which grants access to airport hotel gyms, pools and spas. This Irish company says that it is on target to be at 100 airports internationally in less than a year!

Sanctifly is currently available in several major airports including San Francisco, Boston and London Heathrow. (ed: Also ORD, DFW, JFK, BWI, etc.)
What do you think? Price seems reasonable, although I'm not sure it would be right for me, personally.

In the comments, they say that you should have access to showers, which is a requirement of the program.

Downside is that it's landside, so you'd have to go through security if between flights. They suggest that the gyms are intended at this point for use before or after flights at origin/destination, although you could use during a long-enough layover.
Old Sep 4, 17, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Interesting idea, but I wonder what sort of facilities you end up gaining access to. Even really nice hotels often have paltry "gyms" (small exercise rooms, really). I wouldn't expect much from airport hotels.
Old Sep 5, 17, 5:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by dhuey View Post
Interesting idea, but I wonder what sort of facilities you end up gaining access to. Even really nice hotels often have paltry "gyms" (small exercise rooms, really). I wouldn't expect much from airport hotels.
Agree with this 100%!!!!

While I have been to some hotels that had nice fitness centers, I think I could count those on 2 hands. They are definitely the exception. Most have a room that would be the size of a normal guestroom, stuffed with 2-3 treadmills, maybe an elliptical machine, maybe a bike.

I've mostly gotten over my addiction that I need to do a full workout every day. During a recent trip, I did ~45 min on the hotel treadmill most days and called that it. Surprisingly the hotel, a Homewood Suites, did have a decent workout room.
Old Sep 8, 17, 10:58 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimePlatinumPremier
While not all hotels have facilities that are the same as dedicated fitness centers (which is understandable), they usually have the basic equipment such as treadmills, bikes, some weights. For someone on a layover that's probably good enough. And some do have ok facilities. The thing is that someone would need a relatively long layover.

Hilton ORD, for example:

Old Sep 8, 17, 11:21 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimePlatinumPremier
Looks like current locations are:

US/Canada:

Baltimore, MD - ROAM Fitness is located at BWI airport in the new connector between concourses D and E. The facility is outfitted with a range of Technogym cardio equipment, free weights, stretching space with yoga mats, and private showers with towel service.

Boston Logan - Seaport Hotel. Easy to get to on the Silver Line (first stop). A beautiful well facilitated gym and pool

Chicago ORD - Airport Hilton - within walking distance to all domestic terminals via underground walkways

Dallas Ft. Worth - 24 HOUR FITNESS - EULESS RIO GRANDE
15 mins in a taxi from Dallas airport. Premium gym equipment and thousands of feet of workout space. An indoor lap pool, sauna, and steam room

LAX (doesn't have facility listed)

JFK - Radisson - A small but bright and well commissioned gym. Located just 1 mile from the airport concourse, and you can drop off and collect your Hertz car right at the reception.

JFK - BROOKLYN SPORTS CLUB
This is an exemplary gym and pool set up. If you want to do a complete work out, this is one of the best locations on our network. It's 6 miles from the airport, so you will need to take a taxi. Free car park if you have a hire car.

LaGuardia - Courtyard by Marriott. Cardio, free weights & outdoor pool.

SFO - San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront - 3 miles from SFO. Cardio, free weights, Lifecycle, Star check, cybex

SFO - 24 Hour Fitness Millbrae

Vancouver - Fairmont Airport. located within Vancouver's International Airport (YVR).Situated directly above the US departures terminal, the hotel is only a two-minute stroll from the luggage carousels.

UK:

Birmingham Airport - Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club. cardio, free weights, fitness suite, indoor pool.

Edinburgh Airport - Doubletree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport - The Double Tree by Hilton is located minutes from Edinburgh Airport via a complimentary 24-hour shuttle service. You will enjoy the 17 m pool, fitness studio

Glasgow Airport - The Glynhill Hotel - located just five minutes from Glasgow Airport. Gym, pool, steam room

LHR - Park Inn by Radisson - less than 5 minutes from London Heathrow Airport. gym, pool, sauna

London City Airport - Aloft London Excel - full cardio selection - stationary bikes, treadmills and elliptical machines, indoor pool

London Stansted - Radisson Blu London Stansted Airport - 500 metres from Stansted Airport’s main terminal, and within easy walking distance of the bus and train station.
The PACE Health Club provides modern cardio and resistance training equipment, an indoor pool, a sauna and a steam room

Manchester - Manchester Airport Marriott - located 4 minutes from airport. Cardio, free weights, pool.

Asia locations opening in autumn 2017.
Old Oct 14, 17, 3:47 am

I might be confused, but surely if it is an airport hotel, you can't use it after security? If so, seems a little pointless to me.

When travelling on business, I'm not going to arrive at the airport 4 hours early to go to the gym, and then go through security on time - I'd expect the gym to be after security.
Old Jan 21, 19, 2:07 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta platinum/SPG platinum
They have a plan to access hotel club lounges / airport lounges anyone try that?