Reload this Page >

Costco discount on 24 Hour Fitness

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz

I don't work for them, but I've done the Costco deal several times. It was $250 when I first did it, and unfortunately has crept up over the years

There's a $30 discount going on until Sunday 1/3/16:
http://www.costco.com/24-Hour-Fitnes...100226471.html

The clubs aren't country clubs. For something like that, you'll pay $50+ per month. I've been to some that are very nice, some seem rather grungy, but have gotten in good workouts at all.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
... and they're all over the country, which is a plus. Be warned though, the "Sport" membership listed here leaves a lot of the newer clubs out of your membership; you'll need the $700 "SuperSport" level membership (which is also off $50 to $650) to get into most clubs (all but the "Ultras", which are few and far-between).
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:22 am

Yea too bad, they went out of stock as early as yesterday. I think it was an ominous measure to sell all the Costco 24-hr fitness codes they produced. Otherwise, I couldn't think of how you could possibly sell out of digital codes. It's because they wanted to get rid of them and probably agreed to stop selling these 2-year memberships. I could be wrong, come the 4th of January, it could be reavailable at its normal price of $400.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by stokelycalm
Yea too bad, they went out of stock as early as yesterday. I think it was an ominous measure to sell all the Costco 24-hr fitness codes they produced. Otherwise, I couldn't think of how you could possibly sell out of digital codes. It's because they wanted to get rid of them and probably agreed to stop selling these 2-year memberships. I could be wrong, come the 4th of January, it could be reavailable at its normal price of $400.
I certainly hope not.
Was about to order this since the $50 coupon expires today.
Fyi just a month before, the price on Costco for the SuperSport without any coupons is $649.99. It was increased to $699.99 around December and the coupon just brought the price back down to what it originally was.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I've been a 24-hour member for 15 years and cannot recommend these clubs to anyone. In restaurant parlance they are the McDonald's of fitness clubs, bottom of the barrel, and each successive owner seems only concerned with how to further maximize profits by shafting customers.

In case you are curious, I have a $99/year lifetime legacy deal (sadly missed the subsequent $49/yr. deal) which I will never relinquish as I find it useful when I travel and on the rare occasions when my primary club (Crunch) is closed. FYI the local Crunch runs roughly $35/mo on a term contract, a much better deal when you consider the quality of the equipment, general upkeep and multitude of free classes.

Check out the complaints and reviews of 24-hour before joining.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Eh? What are you looking for in a gym? I dunno about you, but when I work out, I need free weights, squat racks, benches, a certain few machines and some treadmills, and for 15 years every 24HF I've been in (in quite a few states and cities) has had all of that.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by Boraxo
In case you are curious, I have a $99/year lifetime legacy deal (sadly missed the subsequent $49/yr. deal) which I will never relinquish as I find it useful when I travel and on the rare occasions when my primary club (Crunch) is closed.
I have the $19/year lifetime and was shocked when local club staff told me there was one even cheaper than mine!

Like you, I maintain it as a backup membership with another primary club plus an unlimited pass at my local yoga studio. If you are serious about any specific service type (yoga, Pilates, spinning, Zumba, barre, tempo running) there is almost always a better local dedicated option in a larger city.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
I have a $99/year lifetime legacy deal (sadly missed the subsequent $49/yr. deal)
99 works out to 8.25/mo - ive seen some xsport advertise $15/mo and i think even less

Originally Posted by techgirl
I have the $19/year lifetime and was shocked when local club staff told me there was one even cheaper than mine!
cheaper than $19/year !!
maybe $12/year was cheapest ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.