Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness
Reload this Page >

Lidocaine Patches and security?

Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

This may not be the right forum but. . . traveling LAX-Heathrow-Zurich and back this month, leaving Friday. I wear a patch, which is gelatinous, and want to also carry my supply on board. Does anyone know if that is going to be an issue with the scanners or security? Its too close to my departure to get a doctor's note, but I do have the print out from the the pharmacy.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:11 pm

Do they have a pharmacy prescription label on the box? That SHOULD be enough...
Old Sep 16, 2015, 4:32 pm

The TSA has never shown any interest in my Lidocaine patches.

My concern would be because Lidocaine is by prescription that you might get questions entering other countries with it. You could check if it is allowed wherever you will be. Just because a drug is allowed in one country you can't assume it is legal everywhere.

You might either contact the manufacturer - should be an 800 number on the box - or ask your pharmacist to find out.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 12:57 am

A quick search revealed that it is widely available in the UK, albeit by prescription. Harder to tell about Switzerland.

There was a note on drugs.com indicating that it's approved for veterinary use only in some countries.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.