Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Running in Boston

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Emerald Club Executive, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Holiday Inn Gold
Running in Boston

I'm heading out on a business trip to Boston next week - Monday through Thursday, its my first time there. I'm looking for some suggestions for good running routes in the downtown area, anybody got any good recommendations for runs ranging as short as 3 miles and as long as 6 miles ?

I checked a few websites - Nike+, Map My Run, Garmin, etc, but I figure it's always good to get first-hand knowledge from people on the boards here who maybe live in that area or are regular visitors / runners.

Thanks !
Old May 29, 2012, 9:41 pm

Running in Boston

Head over to the Charles River and go west. You can do an out & back or cross over any if several bridges into Cambridge and go back east then cross again. The scenery along the river is stellar!

I ran many miles there on layovers as a pilot for United back when we used to have lots of downtown layovers.

FAB
Old May 30, 2012, 2:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
This thread has lots of good info:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-trails-3.html

You should see my post on page 3 about the Boston Harborwalk. Depending on where you're staying, I'd almost recommend this over the Charles River. Seems everyone wants to run along the river, and the Harborwalk is a hidden gem that isn't too crowded.
Plus if you want to go in the water, there's a few beaches along it.

There's also a FT'er who sometimes visits this forum who used to live in Boston. Hopefully he'll see this thread and give more info.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
Running in Boston

Where are you staying during your visit? Based on that info, people will have lots of suggestions.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Emerald Club Executive, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Holiday Inn Gold
I am staying at the Weston downtown.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:21 pm

Running in Boston

Run north on Dartmouth to the Charles. Run west. You can cross into Cambridge on the Harvard Bridge.
Make sure you count the Smoots. Turn right to go eastbound along the north bank of the Charles. Turn around when you are ready and retrace your steps to the Westin Copley.

Kindly disregard these directions if you are staying at a different Westin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.