Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness
Reload this Page >

How much fitness crap do you travel with?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It seems I'm to the point that I have to take my large suitcase even for 4-5 day trips. Gone are the days that I carry on for a week trip.

Use to be:
work clothes
work out clothes
running shoes (dual purpose running and gym)

Now I've added:
Workout DVDs
Workout Bands in a bag
Blender
Shake mix
recovery drink mix
cup (to mix recovery drink in)
Spin shoes

UGH!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
I'm still at

sports bras (which I use for anything that involves my moving around a lot, such as the concerts I'm going to in February)
specifically workout shirts
workout shorts
extra socks
sneakers (which are technically running shoes)

as well as whatever else I'd usually bring.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by annerj
It seems I'm to the point that I have to take my large suitcase even for 4-5 day trips. Gone are the days that I carry on for a week trip.

Use to be:
work clothes
work out clothes
running shoes (dual purpose running and gym)

Now I've added:
Workout DVDs
Workout Bands in a bag
Blender
Shake mix
recovery drink mix
cup (to mix recovery drink in)
Spin shoes

UGH!
used to:

weight belt
gloves
wrist wraps
sneakers
gym clothes

now:

gloves
sneakers
gym clothes

but to be fair,

other than the workout gloves, I'd take shorts and T shirts along with sneakers even if I wasn't working out
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse

other than the workout gloves, I'd take shorts and T shirts along with sneakers even if I wasn't working out
I think I'd probably just take jeans, t-shirts and shoes.

I'm obviously now checking my bag each time I travel. Worth it so far for me as it feels like I'm saving a ton of time working out at home/hotel vs shlepping to the gym all the time (down to 2-3 times/week at the actual gym)
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Typically just the following--

for running and/or gym--
running shoes
shorts (that can be used for running or gym)
2 shirts (a sleeveless and short sleeve, possibly a long sleeve, depending on weather)
2-3 pairs of athletic socks
Garmin watch, charger, computer USB, HR monitor, and old iPhone case (contains an extra Amex and a passport card that I carry for running), sunglasses, running earbuds (I wear Sennheiser twist-to-fit)
sometimes weightlifting gloves

if racing/doing long training runs my 2 bottle Nathan water belt

for swimming--
board shorts
1 mesh drag suit
2 brief suits (just in case one tears or something)
2 goggles (1 tinted and 1 clear)
1 Speedo swim chamois towel

I roll the board shorts around everything else.

If I'm not planning to run/lift, I can fit the swimming stuff (in the board shorts) in my backpack. Otherwise, it all easily fits in a roller bag.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Avis First, National EE, Marriott Gold
Mine depends on what I'm training for at the time
Half Marathon Training
running shoes
running shorts
sports bras
heart rate monitor (comes with me every week)
running tights depending on the weather
sleeves depending on weather
ear warmers
Nike+ iPod thingie

Tri Training
all of the above
2 swimsuits
goggles
fins
paddles
waterproof iPod case (it makes the long swims much more bearable)

I used to travel with a yoga mat, but I've ditched that in favor of Clorox wipes for the studio provided mats (I'm slightly OCD)
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
gym clothes
gym shoes

then I go to the hotel' fitness and do what I can until unch time comes
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Usually don't pack fitness clothes.. except a pair of swim trunks usually and some t-shirts for casual wear..

Fairmonts where we stay at provides a program called Fairmont Fit.. A complete set of top, shorts, shoes and socks.. delivered clean right to the room..
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Fairmonts where we stay at provides a program called Fairmont Fit.. A complete set of top, shorts, shoes and socks.. delivered clean right to the room..
Wow....I've never heard of anything like that.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: SPG Plat, DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Avis First, National EE, Marriott Gold
Yea, I'm pretty sure none of the Hamptons where I "live" during the work week offer that
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Usually don't pack fitness clothes.. except a pair of swim trunks usually and some t-shirts for casual wear..

I've heard about this program too. But I don't like the idea of using someone else's gym shoes or clothing... Unless everything is brand new, and even then, I'd still want my own running shoes (I'm pretty particular about them).

When I run, I'll sometimes get a blister, a hangnail, or whatever on a foot that could cause cuts/bruises...and I'd assume others do too. Just kinda creeps me out to wear someone else's socks (or underwear), even if it is washed. Running shoes can wear differently. And don't even get me started on chest chaffing...
Old Nov 18, 2011, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aztimm
I've heard about this program too. But I don't like the idea of using someone else's gym shoes or clothing... Unless everything is brand new, and even then, I'd still want my own running shoes (I'm pretty particular about them).

When I run, I'll sometimes get a blister, a hangnail, or whatever on a foot that could cause cuts/bruises...and I'd assume others do too. Just kinda creeps me out to wear someone else's socks (or underwear), even if it is washed. Running shoes can wear differently. And don't even get me started on chest chaffing...
For running the shoes would be a deal breaker....I'm not going to wear new shoes or someone elses shoes for a run of any length.

For the gym, I'm not sure it would matter much to me.....it is a bit weird to think about. What kind of clothes are these? Can the poster provide us with brand names for the clothes?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aztimm

The program extends to a personal profile where you select size of shirt, shorts and size of running shoes.. The clothes is delivered in a basket and free for elite members to use (Premier and Platinum).. I find it quite convenient, and is completely clean like new.. There is a charge for regular FPC members..

I can't say if its new clothes, or clothes that are well cleaned.. but certainly looks brand new.. and for my purposes it beats having to bring my own stuff, as we have a family with 2 small kids.. and usually have 7 carryons and 3 checked bags, plus a stroller when travelling..
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I can't say if its new clothes, or clothes that are well cleaned.. but certainly looks brand new.. and for my purposes it beats having to bring my own stuff, as we have a family with 2 small kids.. and usually have 7 carryons and 3 checked bags, plus a stroller when travelling..
What brand of shoes?

Maybe snap a pic of the clothes and post it next time?

I find it an interesting program.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:04 pm
Suspended

What brand of shoes?

Maybe snap a pic of the clothes and post it next time?

I find it an interesting program.
Click on below link to go to website and pictures..

http://www.fairmont.com/fpc/fit

"Fairmont Fit adidas Apparel For Men*

Fairmont Fit, A Fairmont President's Club Benefit

Stay Fit While on the Road

Whether you’ve forgotten your fitness gear, prefer a lean carry-on to save time at the airport, or just want a private workout in your room, staying fit at Fairmont is just a phone call away.

Fairmont Fit provides adidas workout apparel and shoes, a MP3 player and a yoga mat with stretch band, all which can be delivered directly to your room upon request.

Fairmont Fit is available to all members of Fairmont President’s Club and is complimentary for Premier and Platinum members. There is a small service charge for Club members.

How to stay fit with Fairmont*:
adidas Workout Apparel: Clothing includes t-shirt, shorts (for men) and capris (for women).Request your specific clothing and shoe sizes at time of reservation and clothing and footwear will be delivered to your room for your arrival. Workout gear is available for the duration of your stay and can be replenished at any time.

As a Fairmont President’s Club member your clothing sizes will be appended to your personal travel profile, this will allow you to enjoy Fairmont Fit each time you stay with us*.

Select adidas products will be available for purchase, at participating hotels and resorts in North America.

MP3 Player: Music is pre-loaded with tracks from various artists.
Available upon in-hotel request for use during your stay.

Yoga Mat & Stretch Band: Request at time of reservation and a yoga mat with stretch band will be delivered to your room for your arrival.

The Fairmont Fit benefit is unavailable at the following hotels: Fairmont Kenauk at Le Château Montebello, Fairmont Heliopolis, Fairmont The Norfolk, Mount Kenya Safari Club, Fairmont Mara Safari Club, and Fairmont Zimbali Lodge.
MP3 player, yoga mat/strech band, adidas apparel and shoes are all subject to hotel availability. Fairmont Hotels and Resorts may carry different items than what is shown below.

The following men's workout apparel will be made available in the following sizes, upon request, to members of Fairmont President's Club at select Fairmont properties.

Clima Loose-Fit Short Sleeve Top (Sizes: Small to 2X - Large)
For fit and function, this shirt is more than just a basic. It's an essential. Slightly looser cut lets you move with comfort, while the ClimaLite® fabric keeps heat under control by sweeping sweat away from your skin.

Clima Loose Fit Short (Sizes: Small to 2X - Large)
With a slightly relaxed fit ideal for working out these shorts will be a welcome addition to your training sessions. Unlined, loose fit; Side-seam pockets and drawcord at elastic waist. ClimaLite® fabric also helps you stay dry and comfortable.

Adistar Control - Men's Running Shoe (Sizes: 8 - 15)
A luxury-training shoe that will give you a smooth, even ride, you need the adiStar Control. Biomechanical tests prove that its redesigned Ground Control System in the rear foot slows overpronation velocity better than any other shoe on the market. Add to that the lightweight motion control of Pro- moderator, and a breathable, quick-drying mesh upper with GeoFit heel and collar lining that follows the shape of your foot and you have a stability shoe that is simply unmatched.

Fairmont Fit adidas Apparel For Women*

The women's workout apparel includes the following items made available upon request to members of Fairmont President's Club at select Fairmont properties.

Women's ClimaLite Loose-Fit Short-Sleeve (Sizes: Small to X-Large)
Workouts are a breeze in this comfortable short sleeve tee. The slightly loose fit makes it easy to move, while the ClimaLite® fabric sweeps sweat away from your skin.

ClimaLite Loose-Fit Capri (Sizes: Small to X - Large)
With a free and easy fit, these capris are all about comfort. Theloose-cut design is enhanced with ClimaLite(r) to sweep sweat away fromyour skin as you work out. 21' inseam (size Med) ClimaLite(r) fabric sweeps sweat away from your skin Drawcord at elastic waist Applied 3-Stripes down legs Embroidered adidas brandmark on left thigh 100% polyester interlock.

Women's Supernova Cushion (Sizes: 5 - 10)
Hundreds of thousands of runners can't be wrong. This is one of the most-beloved cushioning shoes on the road today. Designed to take you far quickly, this latest generation offers greater comfort and breathability with even less weight than before.

For more information about adidas, visit www.adidas.com."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.