Search

City Running Tours - Guided running tours when on the road

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

The concept is pretty cool, but it's a bit pricey. Guided running tours, either individuals or groups. Clicking on the group tours in the various cities, there are some pretty cool ones. Over 200 reviews on TripAdvisor & the outfit gets 5 stars.

City Running Tours offers personalized and group guided running tours accommodating the needs of both a runner and a tourist.

City Running Tours is a team of running enthusiasts that provides an opportunity to experience a city in an exciting way. Our clientele is a unique niche of people, who like us, depend on running and make it an essential part of their daily routine. If they are unable to get their miles in, they just wouldn’t feel the same. We offer runners a chance to exercise while learning about the history, urban myths and unofficial landmarks of some of the great cities across the country.

Ideal for the business traveler who is tired of the hotel treadmill, the marathon runner who is training for a race and is looking to continue or spice up their regular routine, or the recreational runner who wants to explore new and interesting routes, City Running Tours offers both guided group and personalized runs to accommodate any athletic ability, style, training regimen or specific landmarks.

Current cities include: Annapolis, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, New York City, Philadelphia, Portland, Providence, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington DC

If you click on the cities on the website it will take you to the variety of group tours, time/date, pricing.

www.cityrunningtours.com
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:09 pm

If you're visiting Nashville, check out NashvilleRunningTours.com. It's an independent, local sightrunning company so the rates are more reasonable, and its been around since 2012.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:03 pm

There is also New Orleans Jogging Tours in New Orleans. The owner is a nice guy and took me and another guest on a nice run around the city. He points out some historical and cultural points along the way, and overall provides a solid experience.

I've also seen Rockin' Running Tours in Memphis, however I have not used them yet. I plan to use them in the next month or so.

Both companies have had offers on deal voucher sites like Living Social and Groupon.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:08 am

I came across www.untourshanghai.com when I was there in April. I kind of found out about their running tours on my last day, but I am going back in October, and will definately try it out.

NB! When I chack their website now, I don't seem to find anything else but culinary tours, but I emailed with kyle (at) untourshanghai (dot) com about their runs, so I guess anyone interested could send him an Email.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If anyone wants a running tour of shanghai for free PM me and we can meet up. I run all over the city during my runs and don't mind introducing a FTer to the city during one of my runs.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:40 am

I like the idea of a meetup running tour. Being on the road a lot doesn't give a lot of time for sight seeing and this is a great way to do it.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
If anyone wants a running tour of shanghai for free PM me and we can meet up. I run all over the city during my runs and don't mind introducing a FTer to the city during one of my runs.
I'll be back in Shanghai in October. Can I hold you to it? Last time I ran from People's Park to Century Park. Was nice, but have the feeling Shanghai has much more on offer than this

Daniel
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Inferno303
Quote:

I'll be back in Shanghai in October. Can I hold you to it? Last time I ran from People's Park to Century Park. Was nice, but have the feeling Shanghai has much more on offer than this

Daniel
Yeah, no problem if I'm not traveling on business. Curious how you pulled the last one off? Did you take the ferry across the river? Personally I enjoy running through the French Concession the most.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:48 am

Curious how you pulled the last one off? Did you take the ferry across the river?
I took the funicular tunnel thing. Had to stop my Garmin and tried to jog on the spot, but it just looked silly with tourists and all...
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I try to run in most places I visit - great idea, but I can get a good post-run meal for $35.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.