Ruby: A Workout Inspiration

Old Apr 13, 11, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Ruby: A Workout Inspiration

I suspect that there is already an OMNI thread about this topic but I thought that we could use a reminder here in Health and Fitness.

Two years ago when my husband and I moved to our current apartment we decided to let go of Style because we were too cheap to spring for a bigger Satellite package (we only have Satellite available here). Back when we had cable if you wanted BBC America you'd get all the cheap cable networks. I had enjoyed watching Ruby since the program started. But I hadn't seen how good Ruby looks lately.

Well, this evening I'm in one of my usual Hamptons and I stumbled across Ruby while I was on the elliptical. Today's episode she was in LA and was walking a canyon (and boy did it look hot and dry. I soooo don't miss LA in any way). As I ran and pondered getting off, I saw Ruby bust her rear to get up to the top of the mountainous hill. Well, I thought I couldn't be shown up by a woman 3 times my weight. So I stayed on for an hour.

I'm completely awed that she has been able to stick with it for 3 or 4 years now. I say next time you want to quit before it's time, think of how Ruby is going to smoke you!
Old Apr 13, 11, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA CK, A3 Gold, spg100
She's absolutely amazing. I can't get enough of her show. Very inspirational.
Old Apr 14, 11, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've never heard of Ruby, but will take your word for it she's inspirational.

Cheers.
Old Apr 14, 11, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
I've never heard of Ruby, but will take your word for it she's inspirational.

Cheers.
She is this charming, extroverted Southern woman who has lost 300-something pounds since her show "Ruby" started on Style 3 or 4 years ago. At the start of the series she was 700 lbs and had trouble doing the most basic things (like walking from room to room and getting in a car). She was determined to lose some of the weight. But instead of going for weightloss surgery she decided she was going to do it the "hard" way. She got a nutritionist, a personal trainer, and a therapist. She's talked out her food issues, given exercise her best (sometimes), and has changed her food lifestyle. Over the show you see her lose motivation, not give it her best, and spiral inwards when she has to confront something difficult. But when things get tough her friends have a mini intervention and she eventually realizes, regrets, and gets right back up and on her game again.

You should download an episode or two from Amazon or iTunes.
Old Apr 14, 11, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I've never seen the show but I've read a couple of articles about her and she sounds like she has amazing perseverance.

I am, however, addicted to The Biggest Loser and similarly love seeing people successfully tackle all of the challenges that go along with weight loss and conversion to a healthy lifestyle (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual). The transformations amaze me.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: