Wiki Posts
Search

Body Media

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by flsunshineflyer
Do you need internet access to see your calorie expenditures? I am going to be without internet for a week or so at a time for a while and I want to us something like this product.
If I need internet, does anyone know of something I can use to keep track of calories in and burned?
The body media is web based but has a watch syle monitor you can use. It will show you basic info such as steps and calories burned. You have to manually enter what you have eaten on their website to get calories in (like every other calorie counting system).

They also have a new app for iphone and android. So if you have thise service you can enyer and see your account. You will need a way to recharge the device during that week.

http://www.bodymedia.com/#
Old Jun 26, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL gold, Marriott Platinum, UA silver
Thanks for the response!
This is going to be a dumb follow-up. I have an iphone but I will not be in cell or internet range. I assume the app will not work at all without one of those. Am I right?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

I would think you need the connection to upload the data. I am not sure if the app will hold info for uploading at a later date. Probably not. You can always try calling a rep at the company. Maybe they have the technology you need.

At the worst, you can always keep a food journal and then enter the info at a later date. The website lets you do that. So when you do get internet access you can see what has happened in the time you were off-line. Might be an interesting study for yourself: see how you do with constant feedback vs how you do with limited feedback. I think the monitor will hold the info as long as you keep it charged.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:05 pm

Thanks again!
You're right about experimenting with the best method. I am pretty sure I do better with constant feedback. But, I'll find out if I can do well without the info readily available.
I use an app now that gives me all my info when I enter exercise and food intake. I love it! It's too bad it needs internet or cell reception.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks again!
You're right about experimenting with the best method. I am pretty sure I do better with constant feedback. But, I'll find out if I can do well without the info readily available.
I use an app now that gives me all my info when I enter exercise and food intake. I love it! It's too bad it needs internet or cell reception.
With the Bodymedia all you enter is your food intake. The device does everything else. Wear it 22-23 hours a day and it will monitor exercise, steps, sleep, calories burned, etc. More acurate than a heart rate monitor or an estimate of exercise intensity.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I decided to make the switch from the BodyBugg to a Fitbit. I'm only on day two of the Fitbit but I like it better already.

My major "issue" with the Bugg was the armband... I only was consistent about wearing it in the months where I wore clothes with a sleeve (which here in Texas is about November to March). The Fitbit I can clip inside of my bra and I don't even notice it. For sleep, you wear a wristband (much more comfortable for me as a side sleeper).

Time will tell which I like better but I got the Fitbit at 24Hour Fitness just like my BodyBugg.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:55 pm

Because I asked all those questions, I thought I'd report back. I did outstanding without tracking calories in and out. I am attributing this primarily to an excellent steward. He never added extra fat and calories and made excellent food. I had little access to extra snacks and calorie drinks plus I worked out almost everyday. Very excited that I lost 6 pounds in the month I was gone.
I needed the tracking again as soon as I arrived home. It must be my eating habits and cooking at home!

Last edited by flsunshineflyer; Aug 10, 2011 at 10:01 pm
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Because I asked all those questions, I thought I'd report back. I did outstanding without tracking calories in and out. I am attributing this primarily to an excellent steward. He never added extra fat and calories and made excellent food. I had little access to extra snacks and calorie drinks plus I worked out almost everyday. Very excited that I lost 6 pounds in the month I was gone.
I needed the tracking again as soon as I arrived home. It must be my eating habits and cooking at home!
Great job
Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:20 pm

If anyone sees these on sale at Costco, I would love to know. My regular Costco doesn't have BodyMedia and I would love to get one with the free stuff that comes with the Costco one.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Available now on-line.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...59195*&topnav=

I think there is a new version coming out soon and it will be on sale at Costco. I'll keep my eye out.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Costco online is having an after Thanksgiving sale. The Bodymedia FIT LINK has bluetooth. It includes a 12 month activity subscription and shipping included for $199.

Sale starts 11/25 and goes through 12/11.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:46 pm

Thank you! Can't wait.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! Can't wait.
Did you get one from Costco? My old one still works fine so can't justify the new one
Old Nov 28, 2011, 5:32 pm

Debating between the 2 on the website. Though I think I will go with the one with a 12 month subscription.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
Costco online is having an after Thanksgiving sale. The Bodymedia FIT LINK has bluetooth. It includes a 12 month activity subscription and shipping included for $199.

Sale starts 11/25 and goes through 12/11.
Looks like 20 MIR on this so 179.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.