Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Toy related question - GeoTrax System (Fisher Price)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toy related question - GeoTrax System (Fisher Price)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2009, 6:15 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Post Toy related question - GeoTrax System (Fisher Price)

I know this is not a travel specific topic, but Ive started a discussion that is not on the Talk Board Forums about this... so since my questions are related to Kids and I need input from Parents, I thought I would post this here.

Thank you Moderators for leaving this here - if possible.

Im looking for parents with experience in shopping for the Fisher Price GeoTrax train system. Ive recently started accumulating tracks, trains and related gear for this system and dont understand how distribution for these toys actually works in the USA.

I say this because the large chain stores like ToysRus seem to have very limited selection, with only a few newer stations and themes. The market for the advanced stuff seems to be Ebay and Amazon... where smaller (Im guessing Internet only) merchants seem to control the market. Prices are all over the place... an elevation bridge can go from $20 to $90.... can someone explain what is going on...? I thought that a brand name like FP would guarantee availability of all the product lineup at large retailers, but this does not seem to be the case.

Any tips from parents that have GeoTrax addicts at home would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Gaucho100K
Old Jun 7, 2009, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Try http://geotraxworld.com/.

Fisher Price has both mass market and specialty lines, hence why you'll find such variances. Mass market (ie TRU, Wal-Mart, Target) will only carry a few skus, whereas specialty retailers will have a more expansive line. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Yes, that exactly my experience.... Toysrus and the other large retail chains have almost nothing... and the official website is also very very short on options shown/available... thats what I dont understand.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Bump..... any other parents experienced GeoTrax buyers...?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've done some checking for you in the Dallas and Houston area and it doesn't seem any of the specialty toy stores are carrying this. I hope someone has a store or online site that will help.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Originally Posted by baglady
I've done some checking for you in the Dallas and Houston area and it doesn't seem any of the specialty toy stores are carrying this. I hope someone has a store or online site that will help.
Thank you baglady !!!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K

Thank you baglady !!!
I'll keep checking and if I find anything, will be sure to let you know.

Target stores and target.com are carrying this. Are there specific pieces you are looking for? I'd be happy to look when I'm out and about.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Target....... ok, I will check online with them. Im looking for nice "places" like tunnels, bridges and theme buildings, etc.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:07 pm

Programs: *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Silver, F9 Ascent
We were in PHX and stopped at a specialty toy store...they had an entire metropolis of GeoTrax! Airport, train station, city, bridges etc. I think that was the most GeoTrax stuff I'd ever seen in one spot.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jonesing
We were in PHX and stopped at a specialty toy store...they had an entire metropolis of GeoTrax! Airport, train station, city, bridges etc. I think that was the most GeoTrax stuff I'd ever seen in one spot.
Do you have the name of the store...? I wonder if they have a website...? Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 4:14 am
Original Poster

No store name....?!?
Old Jun 29, 2009, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Another question then...... besides Toys'rus, which are the other large mass market toy retailers with online presence...?!
Old Jul 4, 2009, 4:45 am
Original Poster

BTW, I know Amazon is a good source but am looking at an alternative.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

any new info.....?
Old Jul 12, 2009, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

If anybody knows of a local store that has a good selection of this system, please let me know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.