Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Traveling to BOM from PHX with a 1.5 yr old?

Old Aug 23, 2008, 1:18 am
Original Poster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to use 120K skymiles for business class, for my wife and I. Should I go CO DL NW or AF?

What should I do about my son's infant ticket ? consolidator? or airline directly?
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
Originally Posted by vickh
What should I do about my son's infant ticket ? consolidator? or airline directly?
I assume you mean a lap seat ticket: you buy it direct from the airline. You will pay 10 per cent of a full fare business class ticket for your child to share that international business seat with you, so --with taxes-- expect to pay around a thousand dollars.

You child is 18 months old, yes? You might consider booking two economy award seats instead of the single business seat. It'll be more comfortable for all concerned.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 1:40 am

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Want to use 120K skymiles for business class, for my wife and I. Should I go CO DL NW or AF?
My first choice will be AF then CO then DL then NW.

If you have enough miles, get him a ticket. If not, then make him a lap child. Personally, we started to 'purchase' (money or miles) a seat for our son once he turned one. We have taken some very long international flights (10-hr to 12 hr) with him when he was 14 months and it would have been difficult to hold him for these flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.