Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Britax Car Seats: Questions and Experiences" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Britax Car Seats: Questions and Experiences" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2008, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Consolidated "Britax Car Seats: Questions and Experiences" Thread [Merged]

Hello,
May I ask if Britax Boulevard generally fits on seats in the 777 and 737 planes (we are flying United from WAS to London and Czech Airlines from London to Prague)? I called the airline and they are not able to tell me. Thank you!
Old May 2, 2008, 2:05 pm

According to EliteCarSeats.com, the Boulevard is 19.5" wide. Given that the coach seats in UA's 777s are reportedly only 18" wide, you'll probably at least have to put the armrests up, if the seat fits at all.
Old May 6, 2008, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott Gold, National EE
I fly with Marathons all the time, and I believe they share a shell with the Boulevards. I have no problems at all with 737, 767, 757 and the RJs. No experience on a 777 with a carseat.

The width at the bottom is much narrower than the top, so the 19.5 measurement is deceptively large. The seat may crowd your shoulders, but it should fit easily in the seat.
Old May 7, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL, UA
Originally Posted by ahoj111
Hello,
May I ask if Britax Boulevard generally fits on seats in the 777 and 737 planes (we are flying United from WAS to London and Czech Airlines from London to Prague)? I called the airline and they are not able to tell me. Thank you!
It will fit, no problem - our does. As the previous poster pointed out the top is the widest part so the base/lower third fits just fine.
Old May 7, 2008, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, *A Gold, Hyatt GP, HHonors, SPG, Priority Club
Yes on SW 737

We recently took our Boulevard on a Southwest 737 and it fits the seat no problem. However, it does get tight if the person in front reclines (you might want to watch out for that) and there is definite seat-kicking potential if your kid's legs are long enough.
Old May 8, 2008, 6:35 pm

We have a flight on an Airbus A320 next week and were planning on taking our Britax Boulevard. Any idea if that will fit?

Also, for those who bring them onboard, have you purchased one of the carrier cases for the car seat? are they helpful for you getting through the airport and security? We do not yet have a case, so any recommendations would be appreciated. Our flight is only Phoenix to Chicago.
Old May 9, 2008, 8:53 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by beckphx1
We have a flight on an Airbus A320 next week and were planning on taking our Britax Boulevard. Any idea if that will fit?

Also, for those who bring them onboard, have you purchased one of the carrier cases for the car seat? are they helpful for you getting through the airport and security? We do not yet have a case, so any recommendations would be appreciated. Our flight is only Phoenix to Chicago.
Go to seatguru.com and look at the seat measurements for this plane, then compare them to your carseat. You can easily determine if it will fit or not.

If you bring your seat onboard, why would you need a case?
Old May 11, 2008, 3:04 pm

If you are taking a stroller (which I recommend), you can use the stroller to transport the carseat.

If you are not taking a stroller, I personally find it convenient to use the GoGo Babyz attachment.

If you want a bag, get the one with backpack straps. The wheeled ones can be difficult to use.
Old May 12, 2008, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by sucheng
We recently took our Boulevard on a Southwest 737 and it fits the seat no problem. However, it does get tight if the person in front reclines (you might want to watch out for that) and there is definite seat-kicking potential if your kid's legs are long enough.
This is where UA's Economy Plus shines. On most aircraft, those extra few inches put the seat in front out of reach unless it's fully reclined, and then I've been able to recline Master PVDProf's seat and push the carseat (Britax Roundabout) back a few inches to get clearance. Not needing to fight a toddler about seat kicking is well worth the price of access.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 4:05 pm

Car Seats on SAS?

Has anyone ever flown on SAS with a car seat? If so, exactly what brand did you use? Their website says car seats can be 25 inches wide and 18 inches tall. I have never heard of an 18 inch tall car seat!

Their reps say the website is correct, but I'm calling their head office tomorrow for clarification. My daughter will be 21 months when we leave in July, and there's no way we'll have her on our lap from San Francisco to Sandefjord, Norway!

If you can't answer the SAS specific question...does anyone know of ANY car seat that would fit our daughter and be under 18 inches tall? (Or, 18 inches wide, if that's what their website SHOULD read...).

We have a Britax Boulevard, but that is 19.5 inches wide...and taller than 25 inches, so we'll have to ship that.

Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2009, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by sucheng
Is this a problem forward or rear facing?
Old Mar 29, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: United Plus

Please don't buy one of those expensive car seat cart thingies. Just get a good, solid foldable luggage cart and get going with an extra bungee cord. Presto! It's also easier to take on and off than those GogoKidz carts. I use it for my very heavy Radian and it works great.

There are also a ton of other products to cart car seats around. Some go on the back, some cover the seat, lots of choice. Go on Amazon and any travel site and see what they're selling. Shop around and read the reviews. Go on Ebay and Craigslist and try to get it second hand.

The advantage to my idea is...the luggage cart can be used later...for luggage! In fact, it was a relic from my first airline before Flight Attendants used wheelie bags. But for a specific-purpose item, be sure of your purchase before parting with your hard-earned cash...
Old Mar 30, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, Very Confused
When we traveled, the bag we bought didn't fit the roundabout car seat. it was one of the generic covers sold at babies r us that stated it would fit all seats. it turned out to be a good thing since getting the seat through the xray was like a game of tetris to make sure it didn't get stuck. it was a bit heavy to carry, but it took care of going to the gym.

if you're traveling WN, they can give you plastic bags that will wrap the stroller and/or the car seat in case they need to be gate checked. it's nice so you don't end up with a messy seat for your infant.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by NorcrossFlyer
Is this a problem forward or rear facing?
It wouldn't be a problem rear facing of course. However, you need to check if it'll even fit RF (particularly if you're in Coach). The recline angle on my Blvd is a lot more than my Recaro Como.

Rather than lug a Blvd around (or buy one of those straps/carts/case/etc), I'd just get a Cosco Scenera and use that for travel instead.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Eclipsepearl
Please don't buy one of those expensive car seat cart thingies. Just get a good, solid foldable luggage cart and get going with an extra bungee cord. Presto! It's also easier to take on and off than those GogoKidz carts. I use it for my very heavy Radian and it works great.
IME, the GoGo Kidz has been much more useful than a luggage cart. The newest GGK have quick release wheels, so the frame can stay on the carseat when you belt it into the airplane seat. But we're still happy with the original style. It's two easy-to-spin nuts and takes seconds to dis/connect.

The GGK also lets you use the carseat as a stroller or bag carrier. The times we've tried to use a luggage cart, the carseat has slipped or detached from the luggage cart, or has to be so crisscrossed with the bungee cord that it takes far too long to get it free for installation, and very little could be carried on the seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.