Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Vacation in South America with kids?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vacation in South America with kids?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Be careful when choosing where to go in South America at the moment with the Zika Virus
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
Be careful when choosing where to go in South America at the moment with the Zika Virus
There are fairly simple precautions that reduce the chances of being bitten by mosquitoes to virtually nil.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by heraclitus
Bumping an old thread to see if the conventional wisdom on the subject has changed.

I've never been to South America and I'd like to go, but with two young kids who would likely be around 6 and 8, I'm not sure which countries would be well-suited to our needs.

For the most part when we travel we tend to focus on city attractions with the odd excursion out of town to parks or historic sites or what have you. In other words, we aren't adventure travellers or anything like that.

Being as ignorant regarding SA as I am, I wonder if there are any destinations that might be logical places for first-timers to start on a roughly 2 week trip? I was thinking Argentina, perhaps Buenos Aires with a little side trip out of the city. Or is there someplace else we should consider?
Are your kids into dinosaurs?

We have read about (but not visited) Neuquén in Argentina. It is supposed to be home to the greatest concentration of dinosaur fossils anywhere on planet Earth. This link gives you some info on the various sites and museums.

Please report back if you visit the area!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Sounds very fascinating... thanks for the tip! This trip would literally be years away though... our travel dance card is filled up for the next few years. Just feeling things out for more destinations to add to the list
Old Mar 19, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I would recommend Buenos Aires and Santiago de Chile with or without kids.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.