Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Traveling with 5 Year Old to Phoenix

Old Sep 4, 2008, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Priority Club Spire Ambassador, AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Explorist

I am thinking about taking my son to Phoenix from BHM one weekend. Any good suggestions on things for a 5 (nearly 6) year old?? Science museum? Kid museum?
Old Sep 5, 2008, 9:25 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
I just got back from Phoenix for work. I can't recommend any good museums and sights, but I can recommend an awesome restaurant for kids: Rustler's Rooste. (http://www.rustlersrooste.com/)

My first thought going in there was that my 5-year-old would love this place!!

They have a an indoor waterfall, a slide from the top floor into the dining room, and a live cow outside. Plus amazing views of the city. The food was fine (not great, but certainly not bad), but my kid would have gone bonkers there.

Have a good trip!
Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Wow! Thanks I appreciate it. I went to the link and I know that he would love it there.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA ExPLT
There is a great zoo in Phoenix, considered one of the best in the US for kids - and, Phoenix also has an excellent science museum (it might actually be called the Arizona Science Museum but not sure about that).
Old Sep 8, 2008, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I will make sure that I check on that too. I am a teacher so I definitely want it to be a fun but educational experience.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by dougwhitaker13
Thanks. I will make sure that I check on that too. I am a teacher so I definitely want it to be a fun but educational experience.
Be careful out there but, the weather are very extremely hot condition during this month. When the weather will be little bit cooler sometime on October or November. Please have bring your extra bottled water along with you. IT will be very hot weather all of the times. Make sure if you need to buy bottled water from CVS Pharamcy or Walgreens. Look for Evian to keep cold water. You must drink the water all of the time but, you don't want to get sweat during high heat hazed.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Just make sure you wear a tie to Rustler's Rooste! (I think they still cut them off!)
Old Oct 31, 2008, 2:46 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

We did a drive from Las Vegas to PHX. Obviously lots to do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.