Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Singapore Air & Baby-Gear Allowances

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2007, 9:53 am
Original Poster

My daughter (three years) and I are flying to BKK from LAX (via Singapore) in eight days, and I was on their website earlier this morning to get the info to order the kiddie meals, and I also checked out what their policy on checked/carry-on baby gear is. I'll be travelling with her carseat (which I might gate-check instead of take onboard for this flight and this flight only - sitting up front in a A340 wide-body) and a stroller. Their website seemed to indicate that I could only take one of a stroller or a carry-cot/PnP.

Can anyone confirm that I'm interpreting that correctly? Usually I fly on carriers that are a little more generous with their young passengers and their gear

(Thanks for bearing with me - it's my first post here!)
Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
You can check in the carseat to the final destination and gate-check the stroller - have it tagged to be brought to you in Singapore in the jetway, then you give it back when you board the LAX flight. No worries.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I'd have thought it would be difficult to gate check the carseat and expect to get it back at the transit point.

We gate-checked a stroller at LHR onto SQ last year. On arrival the strollers were all (maybe 20 of them!) being piled up in the jetbridge at Singapore - there was barely enough room for them and to be honest it wasn't terribly well organised (unusual for the carrier)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.