Unaccompanied Minor SEA-BUR

Old May 27, 2004, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HawaiianMiles
Question Unaccompanied Minor SEA-BUR

Anyone else have experience with UM west coast travel?

I traveled UM between the west coast, Europe and SE Asia most of my childhood, and it seemed so easy.
I just got off the phone with several airlines, and what a ride!
$30-80 UM fees in cash only, layover issues, security checks for parents at gates, it's a different world!

Looks like Alaska has the best rates right now, but I'd like to see that UM policy sheet in writing before I purchase.

Thanks for any experience/tips :-:

Alexa
Old May 27, 2004, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Lawyers in action. Also, every time a kid gets lost at a connecting hub and the media kick the stuffing out of the airline for days afterward, it makes UM policies stricter.

It IS a different world today... I wouldn't UM anyone under 12 or so.
Old May 29, 2004, 3:12 pm

Southwest doesn't charge a UM fee. We use them twice a year (MDW-PHX or DTW-PHX) and book a NS to keep the worrying to minimum. Here WN's UM policy: http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/childtip.html
You get a pass to get through the security checkpoint when you check-in.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 12:03 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by GarudaBaby
Anyone else have experience with UM west coast travel?

ILooks like Alaska has the best rates right now, but I'd like to see that UM policy sheet in writing before I purchase.

Thanks for any experience/tips :-:

http://www.alaskaair.com/www2/help/f...elingAlone.asp

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.