Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Car seat for my toddler London to JFK

Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:14 am
Original Poster

I'm flying with my family to NYC and my youngest is 2.7years old and very big for her age. Has any one else flew long haul with their toddlers and which car seat would you suggest please? Any advice would be great
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:12 am

For her size, I wouldn't bother with the car seat on board. She'll probably be excited with using a "big person's" seatbelt and having a bigger play area. If she needs to nap, just lift the armrest and let her spread out onto your lap. Instead, gate check an umbrella stroller to help with the arrival (she might be tired by that time) in JFK.

Last edited by ntamayo; Mar 29, 2018 at 11:13 am Reason: grammar
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Will she be needing a car seat at either end? If not, you might want to look into the Cares Harness.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Hope this reply isnt too late for your journey: NYC Uber and Lyft both have options which provide you a car seat for $10 extra per journey. So you dont need to bring one. Take the train to LHR and avoid the car seat at the London end too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.