Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Does Air Canada block seats for lap child?

Old Apr 17, 22, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know if Air Canada blocks out an additional seat if you have a lap child in Premium Economy? i.e. on our recent Emirates flight, we flew economy; had 3 full fare with 2 lap children; and they blocked out 2 additional seats for us. Thereby allowing the infants to actually sit in their own seat. This was on a 773; positioned 2 pax in BC, 1x E. The blocked seats fwere A and D. While on the return journey we were positioned in the center 4 banks of seats in a 3-4-3 config and they only blocked 1 seat.

I'm hoping AC will do the same with blocking some seats.
Anyone have any experience with this?
Old Apr 17, 22, 12:38 am

I think you may have been extraordinarily fortunate there... "lap child" has a certain meaning after all....
altabello likes this.
Old Apr 17, 22, 1:15 am
Original Poster

I know what you mean; I don't know if it's customary though to block a seat if you're in front of the bassinet as well? The loads into DXB were light but exiting it was heavier with just a handful of empty seats littered around the Y cabin. Unfortunately, we couldn't select the same config on the way back, and would have been interested if we'd have the same number of blocked seats given the load.
I guess we may count ourselves lucky on our trip with EK.
Old Apr 18, 22, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by chinesescouse View Post
Does anyone know if Air Canada blocks out an additional seat if you have a lap child in Premium Economy? i.e. on our recent Emirates flight, we flew economy; had 3 full fare with 2 lap children; and they blocked out 2 additional seats for us. Thereby allowing the infants to actually sit in their own seat. This was on a 773; positioned 2 pax in BC, 1x E. The blocked seats fwere A and D. While on the return journey we were positioned in the center 4 banks of seats in a 3-4-3 config and they only blocked 1 seat.

I'm hoping AC will do the same with blocking some seats.
Anyone have any experience with this?
The only reasons I can think of for an airline to block seats are:
1. really light load and somebody decided to be super nice to you
2. you were in rows with fewer oxygen masks than normal, and in order to accommodate the lap child they had to block a seat.

IME AC is not an airline to be nice to pax, in fact I personally will never travel with them again due to their scheduling screw-up and outright lies the last time we flew with them. YMMV.

Search this Thread