Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Long Haul Intl Business with lap "infant" - Seat Selection Help.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold, former AA Platinum

Hoping some experienced travelers have some advice on this front. We're traveling on a long haul flight (11+ hours) from LA to CPH this summer, and decided to book 2 seats in business for us with our daughter as a lap infant (trying to take advantage until she turns 2!). Would love some help with seat selection - we're flying SAS which has the Vantage XL seats on the A350 in a 1-2-1 configuration, and can't decide if we should go for the 2 middle seats or get front-and-back seats.

We had previously traveled with our daughter (at 10 months) on Delta One from LA to NYC and back and took the 2 middle seats, but she was much younger and slept for most of the flight (incredible - we were so relieved). She will be 21 months old on this (much longer) trip and will need extra entertainment. Any advice or recs on seat selection? What has worked or not worked for you?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by fatesandfuries
Hoping some experienced travelers have some advice on this front. We're traveling on a long haul flight (11+ hours) from LA to CPH this summer, and decided to book 2 seats in business for us with our daughter as a lap infant (trying to take advantage until she turns 2!)...
She will be 21 months old on this (much longer) trip and will need extra entertainment.
I can not even imagine trying to hold a mobile 21 month old child for 11 hours, especially on an overnight flight. None of you will get much (any?) sleep. I'd forgo business class and get her her own seat.
TWA884 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.