5 hour flight with 2 kids

Old Jan 14, 22, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

5 hour flight with 2 kids

Me and my wife are debating flying LAX-CUN for a vacation in a few months, it's around a 5 hour trip. We can either book 3 first/business class tickets (not international lay flat, regular domestic larger seats) in a 2-2 config, or else book 4 economy seats in a 3-3 config. Our kids will be 3 yo and 6 mo. What do you think would be more comfortable? We would hold the baby in first class, but bring some sort of car seat in economy.
Old Jan 14, 22, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by jinu11 View Post
Me and my wife are debating flying LAX-CUN for a vacation in a few months, it's around a 5 hour trip. We can either book 3 first/business class tickets (not international lay flat, regular domestic larger seats) in a 2-2 config, or else book 4 economy seats in a 3-3 config. Our kids will be 3 yo and 6 mo. What do you think would be more comfortable? We would hold the baby in first class, but bring some sort of car seat in economy.
3-3 means that one adult will have to care for 2 children - if turbulence or any prolonged seat belt needed then the other adult won't be able to help - unless you do 1 adult and child in each in each set of 3 hence potentially dealing with one other person in close proximity.
2-2 is more comfortable and you'll only have the potential stranger near you. You know how well your children are likely to travel (eg will the 6 mo be very active or likely to mostly sleep will the 3yo need a lot of attention or be able to self entertain). Also if you are concerned about exposure to possible covid for the children there will be less in the higher class.

Search this Thread