Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

SAS : stroller check in at OSL with infant

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 3:14 am
Original Poster

I would like to have some experience with checking in stroller at OSL, with SAS Go light ticket (cheapest class).

We would be traveling from outside Osl and would have a very short time to catch the flight, I would like to know from the experienced travelers, who have recently departed ex OSL - Gardermoen:
1: Is it possible to Online check in with infant ticket?
2.. Is it possible to check in the stroller directly at Oversized baggage counter without waiting in the queue for the personal assistance? I have travelled with Norwegian before and it's easy to drop in the bags directly to Oversized counter
3. Whose name is the bag tag issued in? Is it in the name of the infant or the adult? The reason I ask is that I have a luggage and travel insurance and I would be able to claim insurance amount in case the stroller is misplaced or damaged (via credit card). The infant doesn't have luggage insurance.

Cheers.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by andydd
Is it possible to check in the stroller directly at Oversized baggage counter without waiting in the queue for the personal assistance?
We have no experience of flying with SAS unfortunately, so wouldn’t like to say what is and isn’t possible with their rules/policies, but have you considered gate checking the stroller?

If you’ve already figured out what works for you then great, but we always found the stroller invaluable for our daughter when getting through the airport. Not only did it give her a place to herself to sit and relax, but it also helped with carrying things. Most importantly, we knew if we had to talk to airline/airport staff, figure out what direction to go, or get stuff from our bags, we were able to focus on that knowing she was safely buckled in and comfortable. We made sure she was always in it (the only times she wasn’t, was going through security and during boarding) otherwise it wouldn’t have worked, but once we had figured that out the routine worked well for her and us. Moreover, having the stroller with us for as long as possible reduced the chance it might get damaged or lost.

Obviously every kid is different, and this might not work for you, but using the stroller until boarding made things much easier for us. If you know for certain that you won’t want the stroller through the airport, then unfortunately it might be a case of contacting SAS as we unfortunately can’t help. Sorry!
Old May 11, 2019, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip. However OSL airport offers free stroller for use after security check in.

I wouldn't like to take the stroller to the gate, since we have a Prampack(a great product to use).. that securely packs and protects the pram. Plus pram is covered for damages if delivered in Prampack.

Checking in at gate means stroller goes unprotected. One of the worst thing to get on vacation with a kid is a broken stroller. My friends had it..and their vacation was ruined.. though they got compensation..they need to wait for 7 days without a stroller..before they could buy an appropriate one.
Old May 11, 2019, 11:26 am

It’s been a few years now since we traveled with our daughter’s stroller, but the Prampack sounds like a good solution to the potential damage from mishandling. We were always happier gate checking her stroller than we were with checking it with our bags, but we were never completely sure it would be ok (fortunately, we were lucky and never had an issue).

It sounds like you’ve got it sorted out; sorry I couldn’t be of more help.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Ok an update for anyone who might have similar question in future. I completed the travel now.

Ex OSL.. you can check on a kiosk, get a bag tag for the stroller and drop the stroller at oversized bags counter for SAS. No need to stand in queue or seek manual assistance. straight forward self service procedure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.