Separate Tickets; same Itineray

Old Sep 5, 18, 7:23 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Separate Tickets; same Itineray

My wife and I are planning a trip to France next year with our 3 kids. Hoping to book 5x tickets... However, my points are split between 3 programs.
So I'm hoping to book all the same flight, but with 1x ticket from SQ, 2x ticket from LM and 2x from AC (all IAD-CDG).

Is that going to be an issue; my kids will be 10,7 and 4... I'm thinking booking the younger kid each with a parent and the 10 year old solo with the SQ ticket....

thoughts? thanks!

FDW
Old Sep 6, 18, 2:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu View Post
My wife and I are planning a trip to France next year with our 3 kids. Hoping to book 5x tickets... However, my points are split between 3 programs.
So I'm hoping to book all the same flight, but with 1x ticket from SQ, 2x ticket from LM and 2x from AC (all IAD-CDG).

Is that going to be an issue; my kids will be 10,7 and 4... I'm thinking booking the younger kid each with a parent and the 10 year old solo with the SQ ticket....

thoughts? thanks!

FDW
Your plan should work, if you can get the tickets booked.

This kind of stuff has been done a lot. It's never been a problem for those whom I've seen do this. The biggest issues end up being at check-in -- OLCI or kiosk check-in may be inhibited and thus more likely to need to wait in line for a staff member or supervisor -- or at the gate. The most common issue in such circumstances tend to be seat-assignment related.
Old Sep 6, 18, 4:20 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

I guess itís the getting the tickets booked part Iím worried about. Specifically the one child with SQ... oh well; guess Iíll see what happens....

thanks!
Old Sep 6, 18, 4:50 am

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu View Post
I guess itís the getting the tickets booked part Iím worried about. Specifically the one child with SQ... oh well; guess Iíll see what happens....

thanks!
Some booking engines sort of cripple the ability to book children of some ages from
being booked without an ďadultĒ passenger in the booking, but usually there is a workaround.
Old Sep 6, 18, 6:46 am

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is a non-issue, but is best handled by a TA (a real one who charges a fee, not a third-party online type) and barring that by handling the bookings by telephone.

There is no requirement that a child who may not travel alone be booked into the same PNR as the parent, simply that prior to the issuance of a BP and thus boarding itself, the responsible adult be identified. Thus, OLCI will not likely work for the child(ren) , but all of this can be remedied at airport check-in.
Old Sep 6, 18, 8:44 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post

Some booking engines sort of cripple the ability to book children of some ages from
being booked without an ďadultĒ passenger in the booking, but usually there is a workaround.
so did a dry run. SQ requires that the passenger be at least 12 years old. LM let me get all the way to the payment page with two kids and didnít say anything; so hopefully thatíll work...

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
This is a non-issue, but is best handled by a TA (a real one who charges a fee, not a third-party online type) and barring that by handling the bookings by telephone.

There is no requirement that a child who may not travel alone be booked into the same PNR as the parent, simply that prior to the issuance of a BP and thus boarding itself, the responsible adult be identified. Thus, OLCI will not likely work for the child(ren) , but all of this can be remedied at airport check-in.
these will be for points based tickets so I donít think a travel agent would be helpful. Different programs will supply the points.

Fdw

Search this Thread