Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Bulkhead or regular economy plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2018, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT

Will be flying a long haul from Houston to Sydney Australia with a 1 year old. Trying to decide whether we want to be in bulkhead or in a regular economy plus seat. We would be flying United on a 787-9 Dreamliner.

Pros for bulkhead: more space, kid can sit on the floor and play
Cons for bulkhead: armrests dont move, width of seats is slightly smaller

Pros for regular econ+: can lift the arm rests
Cons: Not sure if there would be floor space.

Anyone have thoughts on these options?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: United Lifetime Gold;SPG Gold (occasional platinum);SW;etc.
I hope that I am not too late but I just saw your post. I would vote for the non-bulkhead so that you can lift the armrest if needed. I have also found that the bulkhead can be an issue b/c you have to put your bags in the overhead bin so you can't easily access items.

You are correct, however, that there won't be any floor space in the non-bulkhead seat. When I flew long-haul with my toddlers they were either buckled in or we were walking the aisles so that wasn't an issue but you may travel differently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.