F with children

Old Mar 10, 18, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

F with children

Traveling with three year old twin grandsons next month along with lap child and my daughter. Trip from MKE to CLT, any tips? Do we need any kind of ID for the twins? Also what will be in the snack basket..eating and Ipads should keep them busy. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 11, 18, 5:23 am

Programs: Airline Agnostic, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis likes me
Benedryl?
AZbba, bchandler02, rumboj and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 11, 18, 6:29 am

No ID is necessary for children.

The snack basket is an assortment of kid friendly junk food- biscotti, chips, nuts, cookies, etc. if you plan to stream IFE to the iPads, just remember to download the GoGo inflight app befor you go, as it will save you the hassle on the plane. My only other itip would be to bring headphones for the kids to use with their iPads. A fair amount of parents donít, which as a parent I find really rude.
Old Mar 11, 18, 6:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No ID required for anyone <16. And if you have Pre-Check, the kids may accompany you through Pre-Check even if they don't have it.

As to food, best to bring something they like unless they are completely non-fussy.
Old Mar 11, 18, 10:04 am

Programs: American Ex Plat, Avis Presidents, Hertz - Preidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Way to spoil the grand kids!!!! I can just see those kids on their next flight with mom and dad .... "I want my snack basket!!!!! Nowwwwww". Now seriously ... the only real good snacks for kids are the potato chips and french fry things ......I would also bring along my own "sippy" cups .....
Old Mar 11, 18, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist ex-Diamond; Marriott Platinum Life; Hilton, AA, United ex-status
Originally Posted by Dallas49er View Post
Benedryl?
For the kids? Sure. For the rest of First I'd suggest offering to clear the liquor cart.
Old Mar 11, 18, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Not that you will be required to provide this at check-in, but it is usually a good idea to have a signed letter from the parents when traveling with children who are not your own. Just an FYI.

On a short flight like that, they will have the most difficulty sitting still on boarding and taxi. At least, that's the experience with my 2 kids under 5yo. Once in the air, iPad is on and they are in their own worlds.

Enjoy the flight with your family!
Old Mar 11, 18, 3:23 pm

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
"Traveling with three year old twin grandsons next month along with lap child and my daughter......"
I don't think he will need the letter, assuming the grandkids are his daughters, who is also traveling with.
Old Mar 11, 18, 3:37 pm

Can you bring along a couple emotional support animals and a guitar case as well, just to make sure you get in the good graces of everyone else in the F cabin?
rumboj, malcolmkettering and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 13, 18, 9:55 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by econometrics View Post
Not that you will be required to provide this at check-in, but it is usually a good idea to have a signed letter from the parents when traveling with children who are not your own. Just an FYI.

On a short flight like that, they will have the most difficulty sitting still on boarding and taxi. At least, that's the experience with my 2 kids under 5yo. Once in the air, iPad is on and they are in their own worlds.

Enjoy the flight with your family!
At least the iPad is allowed during taxi, takeoff, and landing now. Which leads me to my advice - make sure a few things are pre-loaded on there so you do not need to depend on the Gogo Inflight.
Dwai likes this.
Old Mar 13, 18, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus

!
How would anyone know they are "not your own", if no id is required for them?
JohnDCA and deeruck like this.
Old Mar 13, 18, 10:25 am

Programs: AA CK, A3 Gold, spg100
Originally Posted by travelingbob View Post
"I want my snack basket!!!!! Nowwwwww".
Pretty sure I've heard a few adults in F cry the same thing.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 18, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
By asking "are these your children?"

I've had many agents ask me details about my kids when we're checking in. Sometimes it felt genuinely curious and others that they were fishing... which is fine. Better safe than sorry.
Old Mar 13, 18, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
By asking "are these your children?"
I've had many agents ask me details about my kids when we're checking in. Sometimes it felt genuinely curious and others that they were fishing... which is fine. Better safe than sorry.
Of course, a criminal would be honest about this.
Old Mar 13, 18, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
Also if the child is old enough to converse, an agent can directly and casually ask them things like what's your name, how old are you, is this your mom/dad. Behavioral response as important as the answers. Looking for undue hesitation/fear (or if the child says this is not my mom/dad, this is ...) as a sign to perhaps take a closer look. It's not perfect -- you see occasional stories of parents (traveling with their kids) who are offended to have been possibly suspected of human trafficking.

Search this Thread