Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Qatar vs Etihad vs Emirates -with one and 2.5 year old

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

Pretty new to travelling with kids. I am taking my sister and her kids (1 and 2.5 year old) from JFK to MAA.
I have 90000 AA miles and currently see availability for 2 seats in Etihad economy. It seems to be A380 flight from JFK to AUH. (dates dec18-dec20). Return would be paid one way for all but not sure of date so booking that separately.
I am wondering should I book this Etihad flight or the Qatar Boeing 777-300ER which I cant see any availability via miles and would be a paid ticket for all.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience or insights on traveling with kids in Etihad or Qatar for this long haul flight and can comment on which is better?

I also have 95000 membership rewards points and I am open to booking paid ticket for all if anyone can suggest other options.

Thanks a lot.

Grad
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:13 pm

Both are good in the air but I think the transit in DOH will be much better. AUH is still a mess - though the Pre-check may help a bit (I'm not a fan but have global entry). If it were me first priorities would be flight/transit times and ease of connection. The dept/arrival times on EY seem much better on some of the flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.