Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Baby in carseat transatlantic on Emirates - in J

Old Oct 3, 17, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates, Turkish

Hi guys, considering splurging on an upgrade from economy to j. THis is the 380 flying from Dubai to LAX & back.

Baby would be flying with her carseat, which is what we've done on the past in economy and shorter business hops. THat is a must for me, so I'm really just deciding between 3 seats in economy or 3 seats in business (and an empty wallet).

However, recalling the layout of J on this flight: I feel baby might not be accessible to me and husband because:
1) if I'm correct,t he layout is 1-2-1 which isn't a deal breaker but means one of us is next to baby.

2) the POD layout of the seats mean i can't really see/get to the baby next to me.

Has anyone flown this route in j with a infant or toddler? Were the issues mentioned a concern?

Many many thanks...
Old Oct 19, 17, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
This post might be more appropriate in the Emirates forum, since the seating layout is carrier specific...
Old Oct 23, 17, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL MM, AA EXP, AS MVPG, SPG Plat
While I have not personally flown EK J, my understanding is EK's A380 layout is indeed 1-2-1 as you suggest, but the middle two are quite close, so you should be fine putting the child in one of the middle seats and sitting next to them.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Emira...80-861/1770637

I've also never used a carseat on EK, so worth confirming they allow them in J (there's no obvious reason they wouldn't as the seats are forward facing without airbags in the belts).

Search this Thread