Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

What Happens If Infant Is No Show?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver

My wife and I are booked on separate flights with different airlines between Portugal and Brazil. She's traveling with our toddler on her lap, but due to a few bad experiences, and her flight being a redeye (and mine a day flight), she's pushing me to take our son instead.

I know I can easily add him to my booking at BA, and pay the 10% fare. My question is: if she turns up at the airport without the lap child, will she face issues (cancellation)?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Without knowing the carrier and the fare rules, the general rule is that the infant's ticket will be cancelled. Whether there is a refund will be dependent on the fare rules. Your wife's ticket won't be cancelled or otherwise affected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.