Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Is the Cosco Scenera next the one to get?

Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:19 am
dtc
Original Poster

Programs: Restarting life as UA newb; AA Lifetime Gold

My son is 8.5 months old, and we're planning to do a bunch of more travel starting in December when he turns 11 months old.

We'll be flying a mix of AA, JetBlue, Southwest, and Alaska.

I'm guessing I need a Convertible Car Seat - though I'm not certain. How will I know what happens in a few months from now? Right now he's 28 inches and 20 pounds.

That said, I did some searches and it looks like the Cosco Scenera is a popular one. Is that the same as the Cosco Scenera Next?

What would you experts recommend I do?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:39 am

Not an expert but our 27 month old has been in a Scenera since she was 7 months old on planes and in rental cars at destinations (at home in our car we use Britax convertibles). Upper weight limit on them goes to 40lbs i believe (double check that) so should last a while.

There are slight spec differences in the models - and I believe only the next is at Walmart?

I find them lightweight, fit through TSA screeners WITH a bag around them, and quickly/easily install on aircraft and rental cars. (We've flown with it on 3/4 of the airlines you listed except Alaska).

Also - they have an easily pointed out "FAA APproved" language sticker on them for curious flight attendants/gate agents.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.