Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying LCC with Infants TIPS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Flying LCC with Infants TIPS

My child is 1, and has been on 10 flights to 4 different countries. Including 8hr flights in coach and Ryanair, with NO CHECKED BAGGAGE for a week long holiday.

After talking to other parents who seem terrified of taking children on a plane, I thought it would be a good idea if we share travel tips on flying with Babies.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 11:46 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by telabadmanwot
My child is 1, and has been on 10 flights to 4 different countries. Including 8hr flights in coach and Ryanair, with NO CHECKED BAGGAGE for a week long holiday.

After talking to other parents who seem terrified of taking children on a plane, I thought it would be a good idea if we share travel tips on flying with Babies.
I'll guess there is already a thread in Flying with Children forum so I will move this post. A moderator there may well merge this post with an existing thread (which I strongly suspect already exists).

I appreciate that you are talking about LCCs, but Budget Travel probably isn't the best forum for this discussion.

~moderator
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:33 pm

The biggest thing you can do is simply prepare for what to do in every contingency so you're not caught off-guard. Travel is exhausting for many simply because it is not a frequent enough occurrence that you develop a routine.

Making decisions and adapting to change can be exhausting, everything you can do to minimize that by preparing beforehand is well worth it. If you're just starting to fly with your kids, bring more. Realize that a plane isn't the place to enforce the same rules you would at home regarding sweets and screen-time. If you go in expecting and being prepared for the worst, you will often come out pleasantly surprised.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EmailKid
I'll guess there is already a thread in Flying with Children forum so I will move this post. A moderator there may well merge this post with an existing thread (which I strongly suspect already exists).

I appreciate that you are talking about LCCs, but Budget Travel probably isn't the best forum for this discussion.

~moderator
Thats a shame, LCC travellers have children and valuable experience too.

On a plus note, I didnt even know FT had a child forum, will check it out
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:05 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Thats a shame, LCC travellers have children and valuable experience too.
Well, the thread is still standing on its own, though there are very few replies.

On a plus note, I didnt even know FT had a child forum, will check it out
Yes, and that's where the thread is now. I alerted mods that I'm moving the discussion here, and they seem fine leaving it alone.

Hopefully some more posters will chime in with their experiences.

Being child free this forum has little interest to me
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:27 am

There are so many LCCs, so many legacy carriers that copy them (short haul), and such a variance in policies that for this thread to be useful IMO it is best to focus on tips for a specific LCC.

My suggestion is for the OP to start sharing some of her tips for travel on Ryanair.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:52 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
I'd love some tips for Easyjet/ryanair, its a very long time since i've flown with an infant!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.