Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Car Seat in Overhead Bin (Business Class on AC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Would it be possible to store a folded Diono Rainer carseat (28.5" H x 18.5" W x 10" D) in the overhead bin in Business Class on Air Canada 767 or should I avoid the confrontation and just gate check the car seat?

Thanks
Old May 15, 2016, 12:18 am

Programs: AC 50K, NZ Gold
It will fit even with your junior in it! Board first, close the bin and order double drink. If any issues arise, don't take any nonsense from anybody but quote my advise on FT!
Old May 19, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
If you're looking to avoid confrontation, perhaps putting it inside a bag or a case would do the trick. Unless, of course, that would put you over your carry on allowance.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I have a Rainier and i think it *would* fit. But I think the height (length) of it is over the limit, no?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
While I have no personal experience either with your particular carseat, aircraft, or AC, I have on multiple occasions had FAs offer to store a carseat for me in the closest when flying in int'l business class (both UA and LH come immediately to mind).

My suggestion: board with it, try to put it in, and, if it doesn't fit, then either gate check or ask if they will store it for you. Worst case you end up gate checking it as you were thinking of anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.