AAA Free car seats at destination?

Old Mar 16, 16, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

AAA Free car seats at destination?

Saw this today:
http://lifehacker.com/psa-you-can-bo...aaa-1765244524

Anyone have any experience? Seems to me that you still have the issue of arrival at the airport and getting to AAA to get the car seat... what do you do with baby in between?
Old Mar 16, 16, 4:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by levilevi View Post
Saw this today:
http://lifehacker.com/psa-you-can-bo...aaa-1765244524

Anyone have any experience? Seems to me that you still have the issue of arrival at the airport and getting to AAA to get the car seat... what do you do with baby in between?
Never before knew about this AAA possibility.

If there are two adults traveling, then staying at an airport hotel or elsewhere until the rental car owner goes out to get a car seat may work? I know some people that have done this, except that they went to purchase a car seat since it would work out cheaper than the rental car company's charges for the car seat.
Old Mar 17, 16, 7:25 am

I've used the AAA free car seat benefit with Hertz quite a few times, but didn't know you could just borrow one from a AAA office.

It seems this is much more useful if you are visiting relatives or something and they can pick it up for you ahead of time, as opposed to trying to get to the AAA office upon arrival yourself.
Old Mar 17, 16, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by themicah View Post
I've used the AAA free car seat benefit with Hertz quite a few times, but didn't know you could just borrow one from a AAA office.

It seems this is much more useful if you are visiting relatives or something and they can pick it up for you ahead of time, as opposed to trying to get to the AAA office upon arrival yourself.
Indeed. Could be very useful for relatives or friends picking up someone with a young child without having to pick up an expense to buy/rent the car seat.

For the Hertz AAA benefit, do you have to book the AAA rates or can you just show your AAA card?
Old Mar 17, 16, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
For the Hertz AAA benefit, do you have to book the AAA rates or can you just show your AAA card?
I'm pretty sure you have to use the AAA CDP. When you book with a AAA CDP it lets you add the carseat for no charge.

But in my experience the AAA CDP is usually one of the best anyway (except for corporate discounts, when you're less likely to need a child seat).
Old Mar 18, 16, 6:04 pm

Did hertz free car seat before - worked out fine.
Now just take a pair of bubble bums - very convenient (but not particularly comfy for long drives)
Old Mar 28, 16, 4:35 pm

I'm pretty sure you have to use the AAA CDP. When you book with a AAA CDP it lets you add the carseat for no charge.

But in my experience the AAA CDP is usually one of the best anyway (except for corporate discounts, when you're less likely to need a child seat).
Good to know, thanks. The reason I was curious was that redeeming Hertz points was in the pictures.
Old Mar 28, 16, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
Good to know, thanks. The reason I was curious was that redeeming Hertz points was in the pictures.
You can still have a AAA CDP in the reservation when you redeem points, and the free car seat option is still available.
Old Mar 29, 18, 11:29 am

Programs: DL Plat; SPG Plat
You can still have a AAA CDP in the reservation when you redeem points, and the free car seat option is still available.
Does the free car seat benefit apply only in the US? I am trying to rent a car seat in the Netherlands and even with my AAA CDP entered it shows me a charge of 55EUR/day
Old Mar 29, 18, 6:47 pm

De leted

Search this Thread