Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Direct Flight or Connecting Flight with Newborn

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Direct Flight or Connecting Flight with Newborn

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joshwex90
It all became a moot point when we indefinitely postponed the trip after she was born (a week ago). We'll see if/when we can fly.

She suffered lack of oxygen at birth and is in the NICU for now (though doing much better thank God).
I hope she fully recovers, and as you have now learned, nothing is set in stone or can be planned out with babies. I'll be thinking of you, let us know when you get to take her home.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace
Oh no! Best wishes to you and your family.
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I hope she fully recovers, and as you have now learned, nothing is set in stone or can be planned out with babies. I'll be thinking of you, let us know when you get to take her home.
Thank you both! Although right now financial concerns have taken a back seat, I am happy I reserved the tickets through my TA and didn't officially book anything.

She had a good week, and is improving each day as they slowly lower her meds.

Will keep you updated
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just wanted to update everyone here - she was discharged last week thankfully and is doing wonderfully thank God!

Still keeping up with all her doctors (pediatrician once a week for starters) and has EEG and neo-neurologist scheduled, but all in all, looking good.

Looking to fly potentially in August instead of March, assuming doctor gives her the go-ahead in March
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent news, enjoy having her home!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Excellent news, enjoy having her home!
It's been a blast!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Wonderful news! Thanks for coming back with the update. Best wishes to you and your family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.