Recommendation for car seat travel bag

Old Oct 27, 15, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Recommendation for car seat travel bag

Hi Folks. Travelling short haul with Mrs Roberino and Roberino Jnr in the near future. Jnr is 15 months so he is in a stage 2 car seat (6 months to 4 years). Ours requires an Isofix unit to fit it in the vehicle, so if we travelled with the seat we would need to take both the seat and the Isofix. Can anyone recommend a bag that will accommodate both these parts, please?
Old Oct 29, 15, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club
I can't. I would personally pick up a Cosco Scenera carseat to travel with instead as it is lightweight, simple to install, and comes with a zippered plastic case if you really want a bag. Oh, and it probably is not much more than a car seat bag.
Old Oct 29, 15, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA nobody, AA GLD, MrIce: UA Premier
Agreed, but OP appears to be in the UK. Do they even sell Cosco Sceneras there?
Old Nov 3, 15, 11:57 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat - 2MM miles
I bought a backpack bag on Amazon. Search for posts by me in this forum and you'll find the exact link. It's great since it is a backpack and easy to carry through the airport while pulling a rollerboard and pushing a stroller. I'm a single mom and can do it all!
Old Nov 10, 15, 11:46 am

I bought a red canvass/nylon bag that has fared pretty well. I've seen others use clear plastic trash/leaf bags.
Old Nov 11, 15, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler View Post
I can't. I would personally pick up a Cosco Scenera carseat to travel with instead as it is lightweight, simple to install, and comes with a zippered plastic case if you really want a bag. Oh, and it probably is not much more than a car seat bag.
Just to give you some feedback on that advice: We recently bought the Scenera and checked it in on our flight MIA-LHR-HAJ.
Well, unfortunately the bag didn't make it and ripped open at some point. Luckily, the seat itself didn't slip out of the bag, so we got it when we arrived in HAJ, however there's no way we can use the bag again.

So for our next trip we will probably get something like this:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Jeep-Car-S...l-Bag/16595781
Old Dec 6, 15, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC E75K, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Gold
Clek wheelie bag is pretty good, but also pretty huge!
Old Dec 8, 15, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
I ended up buying the iSAFE car seat bag from BabyTravelUK. It's a very simple design made of heavy duty nylon with an adjustable strap and chunky zip. It fitted the seat and isofix unit snugly (MaxiCosi TwoWay Pearl). It cost me GBP18.95 and I'd recommend it.

Search this Thread