FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel with Children (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-children-221/)
-   -   Cheap Hotel Near Disneyland for Family of 7? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-children/1689285-cheap-hotel-near-disneyland-family-7-a.html)

lsg_11 Jun 21, 2015 9:39 am

Cheap Hotel Near Disneyland for Family of 7?

We are planning a trip to Disneyland sometime during the middle of July. The 7 of us (2 adults, kids ages 13, 12, 10, 8, & 4) will be driving down & will prob spend just one day at the park.

Anyone have any suggestions for where to stay? Budget & large family friendly (I hate sneaking, but will if I have to, haha) is preferable, also the closer to the park the better.

Thanks!

swise Jun 22, 2015 12:20 am

VRBO/Homeaway/AirBNB has some great house rentals nearby for the same price as many of the hotels in the area.

There are a number of suite hotels, also. Springhill Suites just opened up at the corner of Katella and Harbor, about a 10-15 minute walk. They have Kids Suites with bunk beds that will sleep 7: 2 queens, a bunk bed and a sofa bed. They have breakfast in the morning included but charge for parking.

We stayed at the Park Vue Inn last time (this past May). There are a bunch of hotels right around there that are as close as you can get, save for Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. It really was very convenient to walk across the street and be at our hotel. And it enabled the grownups to get an extra hour of park time once the kids were in bed, since we could easily dash back over (leaving one adult behind, of course!).

Have fun!

Big4Flyer Jun 22, 2015 10:09 am

It might be too late for this option, but you might want to check out FloridaVacationAuction.com. They're basically the fundraising arm of visitflorida.com where they agree to advertise for various companies in exchange for auctioning off rooms/experiences/transportation 1x a month. We used this to get a 2 bedroom at the Sheraton Vistana Resort for $70/night which was a great value for the property IMO. They have certain date restrictions though so I'd suggest checking it out to see if it could work for you. SkyAuction.com also had many condos in the Orlando area that we were considering.

Outside of that I'd second the recommendation to look at airbnb, vrbo, etc. With a large group those are often your best bet if you just want a home base and plan on spending most of your time seeing the sites. If you somewhere relaxing then I'd recommend one of the resorts. Enjoy your trip!

swise Jun 22, 2015 10:37 am

Cheap Hotel Near Disneyland for Family of 7?

(OP said Didneyland (Ca), not Disneyworld (Fl).)

AsiaTraveler Jun 23, 2015 8:38 pm

My go-to site for booking larger groups is booking.com. They will actually allow you to enter the real size of your group. Sometimes it will come up with rooms that large; other times it will try to break you into two rooms.

In this case, searching for seven people didn't really work out. Searching for 6, however, yielded a couple of possibilities. Colony Inn & Knights Inn in Buena Park (says about 5 miles away) both have family rooms that sleep six in 3 queen size beds. There wasn't much of anything closer that was at all what I consider budget, but you didn't define that so take a look and see what might work for you.

Big4Flyer Jun 23, 2015 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by swise (Post 25009261)
(OP said Didneyland (Ca), not Disneyworld (Fl).)

Oops, that's embarassing :p

rjque Jun 24, 2015 3:10 pm

The HoJo is a good inexpensive option and walking distance to the park.

erika33 Jul 14, 2015 6:24 pm

You'll likely need a vacation rental or 2 hotel rooms. If you were heading to Florida, you'd have no problem with a 2-bedroom hotel unit, but Disneyland (California) is tough.

You might want to try a low-ball bid for 2 rooms on Priceline, then work your way up through rebidding. Here's how: http://www.hoteldealsrevealed.com/pr...ine-rebids.php It costs you nothing if your bid is not accepted.

Only problem is that Priceline only guarantees rooms to accommodate 2 guests, but getting 2 queens per room is not usually a problem.

Sounds like a fun trip!

nnn Jul 17, 2015 2:14 pm

The larger suites at the Hyatt are large and quite nice, and can be had for a pretty decent deal sometimes (~$200; check for the "Suites on Sale" rate on Hyatt.com). 7 guests might be more than the official max occupancy. Not sure if this is outside your budget, but worth a look.

rs2015 Jul 30, 2015 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by nnn (Post 25133386)
The larger suites at the Hyatt are large and quite nice, and can be had for a pretty decent deal sometimes (~$200; check for the "Suites on Sale" rate on Hyatt.com). 7 guests might be more than the official max occupancy. Not sure if this is outside your budget, but worth a look.

The Hyatt Place worked for me (6 of us) last time I was there. It's within walking distance (~15-20 mins) of the park entrance and you get breakfast included. The Hyatt Regency is a little further up the road and offers a shuttle to the park and they have larger suites as mentioned above, but may be a little more expensive than Hyatt Place.