Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Can you take the Bugaboo Bee on the plane and Bassinets on Floor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 8:41 am
Original Poster

I will be flying business class

New York to Lahore on Pakistan International Airlines
Lahore to Seoul on Thai Airways
Seoul to New York on Asiana

Does anyone know if I can take the Bee on the plane? I don't want to gate check it in case it gets damaged (horror stories). I'm wondering if I should buy a lighter umbrella stroller like the Quest or Uppababy G Luxe.

Also, I've heard that you can have the airplane bassinet on the floor. Is this true? I couldn't get a bulkhead seat on one of the legs and I'm really concerned because I am under the impression that you can only have a bassinet with a bulkhead seat. However, a friend of mine said that you can have a bassinet on the floor??
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:58 am

I completely understand why you want to bring the Bee on the plane ! It is such a nice stroller. Sometimes I can't believe I've reached a point in my life where I get excited about a stroller. I digress. I really doubt they would let you take it on board. If it were me I would use an inexpensive travel stroller. Like the Kolcraft Lite Sport or the First Years Ignite. Both of these are around $50, and get decent reviews. Alternatively what about using a baby carrier and then renting or borrowing a high quality stroller at your destination?
I think you would be best to call each airline with regards to the basinet. It's a long way to go with a baby in your lap, isn't it?

You are ahead of the game though. You are thinking ahead and making a plan.... that is half the battle.

Tara
http://pintsizepilot.com
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Also, regarding bassinets, I've never heard of a bassinet which goes on the floor in front of you. This would just not be workable, particularly for a non-bulkhead seat, unless at least one of the seats next to you is empty. I would absolutely contact your respective airlines about being seated in an area with a bassinet (usually on the bulkhead wall in front of you). Note that there are size/weight (sometimes age) restrictions to be able to use the bassinets, so you'll need to take that into account.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Also, regarding bassinets, I've never heard of a bassinet which goes on the floor in front of you. This would just not be workable, particularly for a non-bulkhead seat, unless at least one of the seats next to you is empty. I would absolutely contact your respective airlines about being seated in an area with a bassinet (usually on the bulkhead wall in front of you). Note that there are size/weight (sometimes age) restrictions to be able to use the bassinets, so you'll need to take that into account.
United do them - they look a bit like a sports bag!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
I personally don't think they'll let you take it on the plane. It's more than 20 lbs, and even folding up, it takes up more space than umbrella stroller. They may force you to check it in, and like you, I wouldn't check in mine either.

Get a cheap umbrella stroller and don't sweat it.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 1:10 am

Programs: United Plus
United has (or had?) them but they weren't too convenient. The parents had to pick up the baby every time the seat belt sign came on. True with a wall-mounted bassinet but it's a lot easier!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Better and safer to buy an extra seat and use a car seat for the child. You will also then have one for your destination

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.