Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Children's facilities in airport lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Children's facilities in airport lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2011, 6:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Psst TrojanHorse- send the kids in the kids' room and you sit outside charging everything. I especially like the ones with the big glass walls for this- you can see the kids but still be outside using laptop, etc.
usually I will sit outside if I can and still see them. What i often do depending on the number of outlets needed is that I unplug the lamp and use that
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:35 am

At O'Hare Airport, there is a really cool play area just past security in Terminal 2. It's big enough that kids can run around, climb model pastic airplane, use slides, and just be kids.

If you are flying from Terminals 1 or 3, then after you pass security for your own terminal, simply follow signs to Terminal 2 and you'll see the child play area. From terminal 2, there is also an airside shuttle to Terminal 1 Concourse C.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: IHG RA, BAEC Gold, BW Diamond
BA LHR

Most of the BA lounges have a pretty well organised room for kids in LHR
The T5 1st is of course as you would expect, well facilitated.....
(Not sure if they allow the kids to take the Champagne in though).
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.13 MM, IC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
From personal experience, AA ORD and MIA have nice Kids' Room and gives Little Platinum Cub a chance to run around freely. Although MIA may get a little hectic at times.

And, would definitely agree with JRGAY that the Galleries First Lounges in T3/T5 would take the cake. Have never had anyone else come in during our visits. Nice and quiet haven away from everyone else for the little one.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by GUWonder
About family access, Star Alliance lounge policy is that all entitled Star Golds are allowed to bring in the entire immediate family into Star Gold business class lounges when departing on a Star Gold operated flight. So if you as a Star Gold flying a Star Alliance carrier that day have 9 children in tow, they are all also allowed in courtesy of Star Alliance policy when dealing with other Star Alliance operated lounges.
Curious how you came to this conclusion. I can't seem to find anything about "family access" in *A lounge admit policies. UA's RCC Star Admit profile is silent on this but IME, they do allow families in. On the other hand, NH strictly adheres to the one guest rule. *A website also says one guest only.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: SK,KL,BA
SK EBG has it as an official published policy and it does apply in all their own lounges. not sure about LH (officially) but it has never been a problem at MUC or FRA. TG in BKK seems also to be okay, again not sure what their
official position is.

Olympic's lounge in ATH admits only 1 (no family) + it is also very far from the gates.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tide
Curious how you came to this conclusion. I can't seem to find anything about "family access" in *A lounge admit policies. UA's RCC Star Admit profile is silent on this but IME, they do allow families in. On the other hand, NH strictly adheres to the one guest rule. *A website also says one guest only.
Your understanding was my understanding too until someone corrected me by directing me to Star Alliance reference guide in PDF form IIRC. Someone will have to find the relevant Star Alliance reference guides in PDF form.

It seems to be generally the case with the North American and European * members.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 18, 2011 at 1:40 pm
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1P
LHR T1 *A lounge has a children's room (TV, low tables)

LHR T3 SAS / London Lounge has a children's room upstairs (bean bags, I think)

CHC Internation terminal Koru Club has a small children's area off to the side of the lounge (has a high-chair!)

SIN: Checked out a few of the SQ lounges but none had children's areas as far as I know; but there are quite a few areas outside the lounge and there are always fish to watch!

VIE: Nothing in the *A lounge (airport is relatively small)

Generally, I've found that once children are old enough to know what a plane is, and can walk, that there's more entertainment *outside* the lounges than in it. In SIN we found a dead-end area with a large expanse of carpet where our son ran around and danced for about 30 minutes

The benefit of a lounge of course being that they can't escape ...
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: marriott rewards, star alliance
have been flying jet airways from the US to asia with my now-4 year old for a couple of years, which has been fantastic. the biz class lounge at BRU has a large room within the lounge which is a dedicated kids area. mind you- not a lot going there aside from a couple of beanbags and a tv tuned to a kiddie channel, but it allowed me to settle my kid in and let him spread his stuff around (and god knows there's always a lot of stuff) without feeling like i was bothering the other passengers in the main lounge. the buffet includes things like choc croissants and nutella-type spreads that always go down well with the under-10 set. the only chocolate milk mix available there was meant more for cold milk, but one of the lounge attendants kindly offered to heat up the milk and mix the drink up for my son.
last month we flew J on lufthansa from the US to asia via FRA, and it wasnt anywhere as easy on us. didnt get a change to use the lounge out of philly so i wont comment on that, but i was seriously disappointed by the lounge in terminal 1, in section B. i know i'm not the first one to find it seriously underwhelming, but just have to add that its particularly a dead loss as far as kids are concerned. also, the loos are really small and maneuvering inside one of them with a 4 year old was a pain. all my son wanted to do was be at the small playground near the B gates, down the elevator from the lounge. there was a nice clean family loo with a diaper changing station close to the playground, which worked out well.
on our return journey we spent far more time at the tower lounge which i believe is in section A of terminal 1. it was packed at that hour of the morning, but we always managed to find a couple of places to sit. breakfast offering included pancakes or waffles with fruit and nutella. the loos were also more family-friendly, though i cant recall if there was a diaper changing station or not. the windows overlooking the tarmac were great and provided entertainment for my son..for about 15 minutes, after which he asked to be taken to the playground. none to be found in section A, sadly, and i wasnt about to make the trek via train back to section B, so resorted to plying him with vast amount of kinder chocolate instead. no, no, i didnt really..well not much, and anyway its kinder chocolate, says right there on the box..
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Ac ord & lax

AA Admiral Club in ORD and LAX are fatastic. ORD has seperate room with TV, computers with game, Lego, books and board games. LAX has toys, staff animals, computers, coloring station. They are life saver for long layovers.

Also Maple Leaf Club in YYZ has a section with sofa and TV for children, although it is not a closed room.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Silver
Wow, hadn't thought about looking into kids rooms! Haven't started bringing the kids along yet except short flights but really happy I found this thread! Will research in the future!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:26 am

Last year, my family flew CO and used the PC at IAH's family room...such a lifesaver! The one-year-old (at the time) had a blast and we didn't bother anyone else. There is a large wall of glass and he was entertained watching the people walk by below us.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
EVA has a video game room at TPE for the little older kids and it is all glassed in so you can sit outside.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:22 pm

Does anyone know about DFW? We have a few hours there with the kids twice this year. There are several Admiral's Clubs and on their site it looks like they may all have kids areas. Does anyone know if one if better than the other (or if they are any good at all?)? We would be buying a day pass.

http://pintsizepilot.com
Old Apr 25, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: Various
The Koru Club in AKL and the SA lounge in JNB both have special rooms for kids.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.